Chapter eight

Me and the Mafia (8)

Chapter eight

A few days later we were all watching the news when a new amber alert came up on the screen. My heart sank as a picture of me about a month ago came up on screen.

"Matt. Dad's home." I said barely above a whisper.

"Crap....." he let out a low whistle.

"Well this could blow our cover." Tink said with a sigh.

"No it won't." river said defiantly.

"How?! How will it not blow our cover?!" lacy said running a hand through her hair.

"Simple the only thing that could blow her cover is someone recognizing. We have to make her unrecognizable." my eyes grew wide in recognition.

"Crap..." I said. Lacey suddenly stood up.

"Makeover time! Oh come on don't look so scared; this will be fun!" Lacey said excitedly and running upstairs. I stayed silent and Matt wrapped an arm.

"I'm still a little scared." I said quietly.

Tink stepped in this time. "Well good news is you're so beautiful it won't matter what she does to you, you will still be gorgeous. Not everyone can say that."

Lacey looked around before looking back at me and then Matt. "You are as bad off as she is." she had just walked in carrying a big box.

"When dad figures out you are gone he will know we are together." I pointed out sadly. This meant bye bye beautiful blonde locks.

"Okay we gotta get started then." he said encouragingly. Lacey opened a box of disguise tools.

"Tink, take Kayla out to the patio and start tanning her. Go ahead and bleach out her hair also and discuss the protocol. Oh but don't forget clothes." Tink nodded before offering me a hand up and we headed to the bathroom. Tink threw in a bikini after me and closed the door. I looked in the mirror at my dark sandy blonde hair sadly. It was long and wavy but knew that would soon change. I pulled on the bikini which was tiny and strapless. I took one last look in the mirror and turned back to the door. Tink took me out to a pool chair that was layed all the way back and instructed me to lay down. She began spraying my entire body with tanning oil and then she took out a shower cap and some bleach. She began to work through my hair and she finished by putting on the shower cap. For the next thirty minutes I half listened to her explain everything as I wondered what they were doing to Matt.

After thirty minutes I was instructed to turn onto my stomach and I was once again sprayed down. She began telling me about colored contacts and possibly a fake nose but preferably not. Then about hair colors and how we want to go towards the opposite of my original. As weird as it is, I had recently gotten kind of bored with my hair and I was ready for a change. At the end of thirty minutes, Tink handed me a strapless cover-up dress and we headed back inside to the bathroom.

After washing out the bleach, my head was wrapped in a towel and I was sent to the living room where Lacey was waiting. "Wow the tan is looking great. Now sit here and we will discuss what comes next. You can't really be seen in public associating with Matt. Tomorrow you will be escorted to the hair salon down the street. There you will get your hair cut but we will dye it tonight. Anyways tomorrow. Tomorrow morning you do that then you have to go to the mall and get a new wardrobe. River will escort you in the morning and then Tink and Timmy will meet y'all at the mall. Brandon and I will be out in the main area and Matt will be with us. We wont know each other until we are safely home understand?" I nodded happily.

"Okay then let's get started on your hair. I'm gonna add a few layers and some long bangs and curl it for tomorrow. Also we need to decide color." she said pulling a black cape over me and brushing out my wet hair. She then handed me a book of hair colors. "I was thinking either a dark brown/ black or a red. It's your choice but those would be most disguising on you."