Chapter two

hey guys! Thanks so much for reading. Not much to say so plz vote fan and comment :)



Me and the Mafia(2)

Chapter two

I ran as hard and fast as I could. I didn't notice if Matt followed me and I didn't care. I just ran and ran. I didn't even know where I was going. Half an hour later I stopped unable to breathe. I stood there hunched over with my hands on my knees until I was able to take a halfway decent breath. I straightened up and was shocked to find myself on the overlook. Matt put his hand on my shoulder and led me to our spot where we always talked now. I sat down next to him and laid my head on his shoulder. The stars were beautiful that night. An almost eerie beautiful for me as I gazed upward. At some point, Matt and I must have fallen asleep.

The next morning I woke to the sun shining brightly right into my eyes. I was immediately confused by the fact I was outside but then last nights events replayed in my mind. I then noticed that my head was lifted at an odd angle on a warm hard pillow. I sat up slowly lifting my head off the sleeping Matt's abs. I just sat there gazing out at the overlook and thinking. "Well that was a crappy night." I heard Matt chuckle from behind before he sat up next to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"You could definitely say that." he smirked from beside me. "Guess what?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"What?"

" I'm hungry." he whined in a childish voice that he knew always got on my nerves. I glared at him but then my stomach disobediently growled. Of course he started laughing at that. "See? You are too. And your body just prevented you from denying it. Come on lets go get something to eat." We headed back to the house and an hour later, we emerged from the woods... Only for Matt to grab my arm and jerk me back in.

"What the heck Ma-" he put his hand over my mouth and I noticed his eyes were really wide. He jerks his head to the side signaling for me to look toward our houses. There in-between our houses and sitting on the side of the road was a large black SUV with tinted windows and chrome everything else. I looked back at Matt confused for a second before realization hit me and I absentmindedly gasped for breath. Matt pushed his hand harder on my mouth and gave one of those looks that said "You are a genius!(but in a very sarcastic way)." I glared at him and pulled his hand off of my mouth. I then mouthed "What next?" to him. He looked at me for a moment before mouthing back "We don't go home." I let out a shaky breath before nodding my head and mouthing back "Lead the way."

We walked for about five miles until we made it to a mcdonalds in the middle of nowhere. It was one connected to a gas station for truckers and all. Matt and I came here a lot for ice cream or to just get away. now we were here to run away from a couple of creepers that probably wanted us to join them or die. Maybe they just flat out wanted us dead. I went and sat down at a table while Matt got two large vanilla cones. It was ten in the morning now so I sent a quick text to my dad in case he had some breakdown and got all worried.

Getting ice cream with matt and will hang out for the day. I will tell you my plans for tonight when I get them figured out. Love ya- Kayla.

I hit the send button as Matt walked up to the table. "I'm enrolling you in selfdefense and hand gun classes." I choked on the ice cream I was swallowing and coughed for a few seconds before I could reply.

"WHAT? WHY? HOW?" I exclaimed in a whisper yell. Matt smirked at me.

"Well you need to learn how to defend yourself and I have some connections so I made a few calls. You are starting tomorrow at nine so you better be ready when I come to pick you up at a quarter 'til. Don't worry I will be taking the class with you. "