Chapter seven

Sorry guys it's really short!

---------------------------------

Me and the Mafia (7)

"Dinner will be ready in ten. Nothing is broken so we'll just have to keep ice and antibiotics on it for a while." Matt said finally wrapping my hand. I nodded and slipped off my seat on the counter. "I have to go set the table for Brandon and ill bring you the ice."

"No. Just wait on the ice until after dinner." I said stopping him. "Thank you for helping me Matt." I whispered. He turned around and looked into my eyes for a minute before my face was buried into his chest. It felt good to have a hug like that. There was so much comfort and reassurance in hugs.

He pulled back and we headed out the door. I lingered while he went a head to the kitchen. I could see river crouched down cleaning and he still looked really mad. When I walked up to him, he looked up and when he saw it was me he continued silently cleaning. I had made a mess. I grabbed for the paper towels to help clean, but he snatched the out of my grasp and sent me a glare before continuing cleaning. I let out an aggravated huff and walked away.

As I made it into the parlor near the kitchen, an arm wrapped around my waist and and a hand covered my mout as I was hopelessly pulling into a dark room. Suddenly I was released and I cursed myself for carelessly leaving my gun upstairs as I immediately took up a defensive stance.

"You've been a naughty little girl, Kayla." a deep voice said right next to my right ear. I jerked around and kicked at what should have been my kidnapper's stomach, but all I hit was air. "You are going to have to be cleverer than that petty little girl." the voice was slightly higher this time. I calmed down and just listened to all of my surroundings. Suddenly I threw a kick around to my left and almost immediately, my foot connected with a hard abdomen. "AH! dang Kayla you kick too hard." an all too familiar voice groaned in pain.

"TIMMY?!" I shrieked angrily into the darkness. Suddenly the light flicked on and I realized I was in timmy's bedroom. Timmy was doubled over in front of me holding his stomach. "Sorry about that. I didn't know it was you."

"Oh it's fine. I really just wanted to see how you reacted. You handled it all really well." he said grimacing. I could help but laugh a bit before looking around the room.

"Nice room." I said with an approving nod.

"Yeah it's my crib. It's the place that's almost as awesomely charming as me." he grinned with a wink.

"I can see it." I laughed. "You know I think Brandon has dinner about ready."

"Yay. Yummy yum for my tummy tum!" Timmy yelled with a fist pump and then he ran out of the room with me attempting to keep up. I was laughing too hard to keep up though so I gave up after a few seconds. When I came back to the door to the kitchen, River wasn't anywhere in sight and the floor was completely pristine. Figures. I entered the kitchen and was met by chaos.... Again.

"YOU FREAKING JERK! I Worked hard on that drawing!" Tink yelled furious.

"YOU DREW HEARTS AND THE NAME JAKE!" Timmy yelled back. "YOU COULDN'T HAVE WORKED THAT HARD ON IT!"

"Well maybe it meant a lot to me!" Tink sneered holding a crumpled piece of paper that was dripping water.

"There are about a thousand more just like it scattered around this house! There is no way it meant more than any of those other pieces of crap!"

"They are not pieces of crap; they are pieces of art! You are just too idiotic to see that! You think they make the perfect weapon to throw at me but of course you miss and throw it into the sink full of water instead!" She yelled.