Chapter Nine

Here is chapter nine! Two chaps in in two days! I hope y'all enjoy and please leave some feedback!

Me and the Mafia (9)

"Come on Becca it's time to go shop!" he said opening my door for me.

"Okay Riv."

"Riv?"

"You get to call me Becca and Babe... I get RIV!"

"Geesh okay okay chill. Now be a good girl and give me a kiss."

"Aww don't you wish." I grinned big at him before grabbing his hand and pulling him toward the mall entrance. "LET'S GO SHOP!"

"Joy." he said dryly.

We met up with Tink and Timmy in Body Central where Timmy kept pulling out flowery things for Tink who would gag and smack him. River on the other hand had shockingly good taste. When we first arrived Tink was all excited and kept complementing my hair. Then river surprised me with another jerk move.

"She looks beautiful." he said before leaning down and kissing me on the cheek before whispering in my ear "act pleased." To which I grinned up at him like he was the sweetest thing.

"Aw y'all are such a cute couple!" Timmy gushed while Tink gagged.

"Yeah just adorable." she sneered.

"So what am I looking for?" I asked looking around.

"Basically stuff you generally would never give a second glance. Try to stay with dark and neon colors and pinkish clothing." Tink answered fishing through a rack.

"Oh like this?" I asked pulling out a shirt I thought matched her description.

"Heck no." river said yaking the hanger out of my hand and putting it back on the rack. "I shop, you follow me around and look like you're helping."

"Geez okay." he pulled out some awesome clothing that I probably would have never touched but was actually fairly cute, for Rebecca. I felt bipolar a bit at that thought.

After a couple hours, we had been through six stores and had about twenty bags total. We stopped at lunch in the food court and I anxiously eyed my food ready to dig in.

"So what next?" I asked as the other three joined me at the table.

"Well we need to hit up a few more stores but I think we are about done." Tink smiled.

"Oh and everyone needs formal wear. We are going out for a nice dinner tomorrow night. It's my treat to celebrate our fifth anniversary." River said stroking my cheek.

"Aww that's so sweet. You shouldn't." I said grabbing his hand and squeezing it.

"I want to though. I already made reservations so I say we go into Gingham's next to get some nice clothes." he leaned in and whispered to me, "I'm picking out your dress no argument."

I shrugged and ate my chicken. I knew I had no taste in clothes any ways. "Cool." was all I said the rest of lunch. We went straight to the dress store after.

Tink and Timmy went one direction while River and I went another in the store. River picked out about five dresses and sent me back. While I was getting into the first he came back with four gold. And told me red wasn't the right color. I came out in the first gold dress and he immediately shot it down sending me back with a few royal blue gowns.

He was more approving of this color but something caught his eye off to the right and he told me to wait a second. He came back this time with a pure green silk gown that flared just enough that it was loose yet still fitted on the skirt. The top was a sweetheart neckline. I pulled it on and walked out without even checking it in the mirror. I knew he wouldn't like it enough.