The Emergency

******* At DINA'S House*******

Kevin and the rest of the family were laughing and fooling around as usually waiting for their dinner to be ready. They usual was happening spitting balls at each other and telling stupid jokes some in which Kevin had to covers the girls ears for so the young girls wouldn't hear anything to dirty.

Suddenly, Kevin's phone started to ring, he looked down and saw that Michael was calling him. He has almost completely forgot about his sick son, he told the family he would be back in a minute and walked to the living room.

"Hey Michael, what up? Are you ok?" Kevin asked sounds like a father

"Dad?" Michael asked between coughs.

"Yeah buddy, it's me what wrong are you ok?" Kevin asked concern and worry seeping into his voice.

"Dad, I need your help right now." Michael said trying to hide his crying from his dad.

"I am coming Michael, don't worry buddy I will be there in a couple of minutes." Answered Kevin.

"All right just hurry." Michael said right before he hung up.

Kevin jogged back to the table, when he got there everyone turned to look at him. "That was Michael, he needs me right now could you guys can continue without me to, so I can go check on Michael." Kevin looked everyone.

Kevin left to go check on his son. He whipped up the door shutting it as he walked in.

"MICHAEL!" He yelled and waited a moment listening closely for his son's voice. Finally he heard it, it couldn't be over a whisper but he heard it and headed towards his voice ending up at the bathroom door.

Michael let out a small whimper he heard Kevin's voice whether it was real or in his head he couldn't tell. He leaned his head back against the wall praying to the good lord that he would take this misery away he didn't know how much he could take. There was a small knock on the bathroom door breaking Michael from his silent pray.

"Dad?" Michael said having to muster all the strength he had just to get the simple word above a whisper.

Kevin answered "Yea, baby it's me can I am going to open the door. I just wanted to make sure you weren't leaning on it"

Michael closed his eyes feeling already drained and all he was doing was talking to his dad, he was scared he didn't know what was happening. "I am fine dad please hurry." He whispered so low he would be shocked if Kevin could hear it from outside the door.

Kevin slowly opened the door bending down so he was face to face with Michael. While running his fingers slowly through Michael's hair he whispered "Are you ok?" Silently Michael shook his head he couldn't bring himself to lie to Kevin anymore. Kevin sighed "Do you want me to help you get up or can you do it?"

Michael thought about it for a minute, "I think I want to try stand right there for a moment." Kevin stood as he was told and waited and watched a moment. When Michael made no move to get up he asked him, "Michael, are you going to try to get up?"

Michael sighed and looked at his toes, "I can't do it dad, I don't have the energy."

Kevin smiled slightly at his son, "It's ok buddy I can carry you." Kevin slipped one arm under Michael's legs and another wrapped around his back. While Michael laid his head on Kevin's shoulder and crossed his arms around Kevin's neck. Once Kevin got Michael situated in his arms he walked the hallway to the living room and laid Michael slowly back down on the couch.

"Dad" Michael started before a coughing fit set in.

"Michael, relax whatever it is it can wait just rest right now baby." Kevin whispered softly in the young boy's year while listening to the hard deep coughs that shook the boy's body.

"No dad….thank you….so much for everything." Michael whispered his eyes slowly getting heavy.

"Michael, I am your dad this is my job remembered." Kevin whispered quietly in the young boy's ear. He noticed that Michael's eyes were slowly getting heavier so as to push the sleeping process along he started running slow small circles on his back. As soon as he started hearing the slow even breathing or as even breathing as Michael could get with the deep and powerful coughs shacking his body every chance they got. Kevin sighed and rubbed his hair while hearing the low grumble of his hungry stomach he thought for a moment if could sneak out and go back to the dinner, but after a cough shook Michael's body he decided against and turned on the television on low volume.

A couple minutes later Kevin looked over at Michael and noticed that he was shivering so he grabbed a blanket and started to wrap it around his when he notice a black spot under Michael's pajamas. He slowly pulled down the pajama bottoms just far enough to see a big black and blue bruise about the size of a baseball and a small bump forming underneath the bump.

"Yikes!" said Kevin softly. As he jogged over to the freezer he made a mental note to ask Michael is he remembered how he got that one. After grabbing the icepack from the freezer and grabbing a dishtowel to wrap around the ice pack, he jogged back and laid the icepack slowly down on the bruise and wrapped the blanket around him snuggly. As he looked up he noticed his reflection in the mirror and for a moment he swore he saw gray hair intertwined with his light brown hair. At the moment in time it wouldn't surprise him if he had some gray hair, but as he looked down at Michael who was deathly pale he realized it was the least of his worries at that moment.