Lizbeth Marie Jonas

In the week of kidnapping,

Danielle smiled, leaning against the door frame of their new daughter's nursery. Michael was talking to her. He didn't realize that she was even home, let alone at the door. She loved hearing Michael talk to Lizbeth, so she stayed quiet so she didn't ruin the moment.

"When you get a boyfriend, dad, your uncles, your cousin and I will give him the third degree. Dad is gonna grill him and ask him a bunch of questions, and if he says something I don't like, I'm kicking him out," Michael said. "No one is going to break my little sister's heart... You're the only one left from mom Demi."

Lizbeth cooed, she stared at him. Right into his eyes, like she was really listening and understanding what he was saying.

"And when you get married, I'm gonna give the best speech ever," he said.

"Mommy's really special, you know," Michael said. He ran his hand over Lizbeth's hair. "I love our family since I met dad, mom Danielle, and everyone."

Danielle's eyes started tearing up and she bit on her thumbnail a little to not make any noise.

"From the moment I held you in my arms... I knew life was going to be different. I just knew you'd be something special. When you're older, you're going to understand more. You just know that you are very beautiful and very special, and that's all you need to know."

Danielle's tears slid down her cheeks and she quietly walked to hers and Kevin's room, turning on the baby monitor. She sniffled and sat on the bed, holding the monitor in her hands.

"You're amazing and beautiful and gorgeous on the inside. Just like Mommy," Michael's voice said. "No matter what anyone else says, that's all that matters. You're beautiful in every way."

Danielle turned the monitor off and sniffled, laying back on her bed. She ran her hand over her face to wipe the tears away and she stared at the ceiling. Everything Michael said was true. Lizbeth was going to be made fun of. But it wouldn't make her any less beautiful. But they were blessed. She was the family's pride and joy and that would never change. Always had been and always would be. Danielle would never want to change that.

"You're beautiful..." Danielle whispered.