Chp.16 It's Like American Football.. With a Twist.

"I'm sorry?" I asked,  

"She's a fast learner" said Ecanus  

"Learn what?" I asked again,  

"American Football--with a twist." said the coach with a smirk,  

"Twist?" I looked to Ecanus for answers  

"Yeah, a twist" Ecanus smiled like the coach  

"Someone tell me what the twist is?" I asked almost desperately, 

"You sure she should be playing coach? She looks like breakfast, and I really don't want to hurt a lady." said a tall guy with cropped brown hair,  green eyes and a super built figure. I noticed an exact copy of him walk up behind him--his twin?

"If Ecanus thinks she can, I bet you anything she can." said the coach firmly, his eyes trained on me  

"But coach-"  more protests broke out,

"No buts!" he growled "be gentle if you think she cant handle it Donovan, but I think she's up for being one of the boys." he smirked again, looking me up and down as he said it,

'Donovan' didn't seem to happy, but he stayed quiet. The coach took his game plan over to the side of the field, where he picked up a football ball from within a pile of tattered and ripped open balls. I raised my brow, "We're playing?" I asked Ecanus  

"I see no reason not to."  

"Whats the twist?"  

"Don't get hung up on that."  

"Fine." I gulped "Then what are the teams?"  

"Good question." interceded the Coach  

"Anyone willing to sub? or are you Angels okay with us having another player?"  

"We're good" said Ecanus confidently,

"But Ecanus," I pulled him aside and whispered "I've only played American Football like.. twice in my life!"  

"You'll be fine with me" he winked,

We turned back to the shifters, all looking a little pumped to say the least, except two of them who just looked bored. My stomach twisted a little, I wasn't sure what these guys were capable of, unlike with the wizards where I knew a little magic myself and had seen them fight a little. But there were so many versions of werewolves and shifters in books and on the internet I had no idea what to expect. Were they all wolves? or other stuff? My stomach twisted again, releasing a flurry of butterflies. Sigh. Don't get too hung up on that Ava, I prepped myself for action.

"Oh'kay.. Jensen, Hunter and.. Quincy. you guys are with them."  

Three guys, including Donovan's twin (Jensen), sauntered over. Hunter and Quincy reminded me of the Twilight quileutes, with tanned skin and black long hair in pony tails.

"Rules are near the same as any Football game," he called in a load coach voice, "Tackles are allowed, no eyes, no knock-outs and no popping the balls. If the ball is being carried through the air, it has to be down in under 5 seconds. We clear?" 

"Yes coach!" shouted the shifters, their team taking off their shirts. and the guys on our team doing the same.  

"Ecanus!" I pulled him over again, "What are they doing! Won't they be cold?" I said, though I was honestly more preoccupied with the fact that they were exposing themselves..

"How do you expect them to shift if a shirt gets in the way?"  he smirked, clearly aware that I had no clues about anything that was about to happen.