Chp.11 Pride is Keeping Us Up.

"Where is Cas?" asked Ecanus, who was slouching on the sofa in-front of the tv. 

"The closet" I said plainly, before joining him to watch Courage the cowardly dog

Just then, Cas came running out, pulling on sneakers in jeans and a t-shirt. "Am I late?" he said breathlessly, checking his watch to see we had about five minutes, "Oh'Kay who wants some fruit?" he said looking completely worn out and tired as he slouched over to the kichenette. 

"Yeah I'll take a pear," I said, raising my hand to catch it as it came flying over, 

"Is there time to just walk over?" said Ecanus, 

"You 'kiddin?" me and cas said, "We barely have five minutes!!" 

"Alright!" he put his hands up defensively, "Jeez.. both finishing each other's sentences" he muttered, walking out the door with us in towe, 

Both me and Cas gave each other a smirk, then ran into the hallway together while Ecanus locked the door behind us. Me and Cas teased out our wings in a quick blurry flash, waiting for Ecanus as he knocked on Hayyel's door, Hayyel stumbled out trying to put on a shoe, "I'm up, I'm up!!" he shouted before falling over in front of Zagzagel, his wings already unfurled, "Get up Hayyel," he said kicking him lightly, "You guys better not make me late again." He scolded, he'd taken on the role of mother bird as far as I'd seen. 

Me and Cas jumped out through the big window opposite Hayyels room, turning to fly for the cliff and Combat class, Ecanus and the others quickly teased out their wings and did the same, trying to catch up to us. Castiel still looked tired, and was yawning as we flew, "Come on Cas, I bet Ezekiel is already there and if I have to wait for you and be last I won't ever hear the last of it!" I tugged him along. 

Then I flew on ahead of the boys, doing fancy twists in the air, feeling freer than any bird. When I saw the cliff up ahead, I checked my watch, 8:58, and I hurried on with a vigorous thrust of my wings.

As I slowed to land on the training grounds, I saw Ezekiel lounging under a tree, sleeping by the looks of it. There was the sound of the flurry of wings and I looked back to see the guys all landing behind me, Castiel coming up to my side. "Just on time," came the sound of our teacher, Eagle. He was extremely muscular, and always pushed us into the peak of fitness, which had shown me how the guys stayed so fit. But being Angels we already had slight super-strength, which was impressive for about a day, and kept me from becoming incredibly buffed.

"Oh'Kay, I want you each to put on your armor, grab your weapon of choice, and give me three laps up and down the cliff." He ordered, "Lets go!" he shouted, with a loud eagle call instead of a whistle. 

I ran over to the edge of the cliff and jumped over, flying about thirty feet down before coming to my store of weapons and armor, generously provided by the dean. I stepped inside, my wings easily fitting in too. On the back wall was my under suit, a long sleeve top that was cut off at the end of my ribcage, and some leggings that went just past my knee with a lace-like edge, all made of grey enchanted silk that was stronger than any other kind of armor, giving me an advantage in combat. There was also an extremely light weight chest guard that fit me perfectly, aswell as some shoulder guards that let my wings move freely, forearm guards, backhand guards, knee and shin guards, and a guard that was tied around my waist but fell down to around my knee a bit like a skirt, all made from strengthened white gold with an intricate pattern of ivy. The armor was said to be ancient, but it was strong and shiny enough that it seemed brand-new.

I had a weapons rack too made of the same white gold, including a thin double blade set with the same designs as my armor, they had a hook design on the back that made them fit together to become a simple long sword made of the same white gold. There was a fancy array of daggers and throwing knives on the rack beside it. I put on my special thigh guards sitting by them, slotting each of the ten throwing knives in, taking one medium sized dagger and slotting it in a small disguised sheath on my forearm guard. Finally, I took the double blades in the form of one, sheathing them in a strap on sheath that ran down my other thigh. I stretched out my wings and then brought them forward, about to put on their armor, I changed my mind because I preferred to be able to fly more easily, after all it was my strong point. Lastly, I slipped on my boots, made from grey leather to match my armor, and stepped over to the ledge.