Chp.9 Death's Attitude.

Zagzagel hurried us out the door, still distracted by his urgent paper. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't get to know him a little more before we had to leave, but standing back in the hallway with the faint blast of music from Ezekiel's room made me curiouser about meeting Ezekiel. "Hey.. Guys.." I said distractedly looking at the door, "You sure we can't see if Ezekiel answers this time?" I said hopefully.  

Both boys looked at each other with a resigned look on their faces, and somehow I knew they knew that I wasn't going to be convinced otherwise, "Well I guess we could try once more.." said Ecanus. 

I walked over to the door, my newfound curiosity boosting my mood. Both Ecanus and Castiel looked more hesitant, and Castiel was rubbing the back of his neck worridly. "Oh'Kay here goes.." Ecanus said, knocking on the door, then taking a step back while I stayed by the door, anxious to see inside.

The door opened angrily, flying past my face closer than I would have liked and an angry face popped out almost hitting mine square on, "What do you jacka--" he started, stopping when he saw me, "Who..?" he said, looking the schocked me up and down, 

"This here is our new roommate." Castiel said, protectively pulling me back towards him. 

Ezekiel looked at him like he was nuts, "That's a girl Castiel, incase you haven't been told otherwise," he said bitterly, putting enphasis on the 'girl' and acting like Castiel was completely stupid, "and you" he said, flicking his head towards me, "Where did they drag your sorry ass from?" 

I didn't like his attitude, "Sorry ass?" I said bitterly, disappointed with the thing infront of me, "I came here 'cause I'm the dean's niece," I said angrily, "This 'sorry ass' needs a place to go thanks to some bloodthirsty killer!"

Again at the mention of the dean his eye brows shot up, he quickly gave me another once over then regained his nasty face, "Then you might aswell be a guy then." He said with a smirk, "anyone with blood that dirty ain't worth no guy's time."

I hated this guy already, I gave him a disbelieving look, "I'm a girl through and through thanks, although I'd hardly expect any guy with that ugly mug to have ever come within five feet of any female" I said angrily, 

He only smirked more, "stop talking about yourself 'guy' " then he asked, "What's your name any ways freak?" 

I scowled at him darkly and took a step forward, bringing up my fist to punch him in the face, Castiel held me back and whispered in my ear, "He isn't worth it, really."  

Ezekiel looked extremely pleased with himself for getting under my skin, and both me and Cas scowled at him. Cas decided to let me go then, clearly deciding he was worth the trouble. But before I could wrangle the neck of the son-of-a-gun, Ecanus butted in, "This is Ava," he said hastily.

Ezekiel looked angrily again at Ecanus, but not in the mockingly angered way he had looked at me, then I noticed the rest of him as he stepped out of the room.

He had slightly more 'status' in his stance than Castiel, but it somehow wasn't over the top, and he had black hair that looked like it hadn't been gelled but still somehow stood up in spikes. He wore a black skull shirt and a black jacket with black jeans. More black, I thought, greaaat.. this black trend at this school was really dim. Still though, it suited him somehow. I looked into his room, only to see all the reds and browns that the rest of the dorm had replaced with blacks and greys, and the walls smothered with dark band posters. In the corner where the desk would have been, there was an array of weapons, odd looking old knives, aswell as modern looking knives and knuckle dusters. "Your messed up.." I muttered, looking at all the knives. Personally I was a pacifist, so this looked sadistically wrong to me.  

Ezekiel just laughed darkly, then came in close so he could look me in the eyes "Careful little girl, you might end up getting cut, I just sharpened these."  

I tried to return his stare, but I couldn't help but shake a little out of fear. Once again, Ecanus butted in to stop the violence, "Just piss off Ezekiel, we're going now.." 

I tried to maintain eye-contact with Ezekiel, but Cas thankfully dragged me away. Ezekiel saw my fear then laughed loud enough for me to hear before shutting himself back in his room with his music. The music! I thought, I know that.. it's metallica.. I remembered the band that I had taken an interest in awhile back. Ecanus nudged me through the door of our dorm, "Don't mind him 'kay Ava?" he said apologetically.