Darcey and Niall

Bang! Something explodes. I shake my husband, Niall, awake. 

“Ni! Something just went bang!” I whisper. He rolls over sleepily, draping his arm across me. 

“I’m sure it was nothing, Darcey. Just go back to sleep.” He murmurs, kissing my temple. 

But I feel uneasy. Something’s wrong. Five minutes later, there’s another bang, and this time, a scream pierces the night. 

I sit straight up, and shake Niall again. The scream continues, then another scream joins in,

“Niall!” I whisper scream, climbing out of bed to go to my babies room. I have twin babies who are three months old. The first scream was Hannah’s, the second was my son, Andy’s.

He sits up. “Stay here.”

I shake my head, “I’m going to the kids’ room.”

“Fine.” He nods. We creep down the hallway together, and I burst into the kids room. I scream, the window’s open!

Niall comes running, “What?” Then he sees the open window. He runs to the phone and dials 999. 

I go to Andy’s crib first, pick him up, and then go to Hannah’s. I pick her up too, and settle into the couch in their room. I quiet the babies, who sleepily settle down quickly. Niall, meanwhile checks the closet and under the bed, no one. Then, he locks the bedroom door shut so the intruder can’t come back in. I hear sirens in the distance, and Niall settles down beside me, taking Hannah from my arms. Just then, someone jiggles the door handle. I stifle a scream, better that he not know we are in here. 

Just then, I hear the front door open and someone run up the stairs. The sirens are impossibly loud, and I can see the flashing blue and red lights outside. I can hear a big commotion, running, shouting, and Andy starts to cry. Five minutes later, there’s a knock on the door. 

“Police! Open up!”

Niall calls through the door, “Of course! We are the ones who called you!” And then opens the door. The officer walks in and nods at us. “You live here, these your kids?”

We nod. 

“You’ll be pleased to know that the man was caught. He was unarmed and we suspect this is just a typical break in.”

He then proceeds to go through everything else, and then we put the twins to bed. 

“Well that was fun.” Niall jokes as we walk back to our room after the cops left. He pulls me to his side, and kisses my hair. 

“Ya, really.” I say. 

“I love you Darcey.” Niall says. “I should have listened to you at the first bang...” He trails off.

“I love you too, and you were tired, I don’t blame you.” I say softly, hugging him back.

We climb into bed and finally go back to sleep. 

----------------------------

Hope you like it Darcey!

Remember to fan the authors MouseStyles and True_Colours (the people who wrote this one shot)

- One Shot Queens