Jenn and Niall

“Niall!” I cry in happiness as I throw the door open. Niall just got back from tour late last night. Now we are going on a dinner date. 

“Jenn!” He replies with just as much enthusiasm. But somethings off. I decide to let it go, and happily grab my jacket. I slip on my shoes, and run outside to meet Niall. He grabs me and twirls me in a hug, giving me a kiss. “I missed you so much.”

I nod, “I know, I missed you too Nialler.”

He holds me tightly for another second, and I breath in his smell. Then, he takes my hand, and we walk down the street to the main street in the city. We stroll along, talking about everything and nothing. Then we pass a jewelry store. 

“Let’s go in here.” Niall decides. 

“Ok.” I say happily. 

We browse through a few things, and then arrive at the ring section. 

“Which do you like?” I ask him. 

“Um, for a wedding band for me, I would pick that one.” He points to a thick gold one. It’s very fancy and one of the most expensive. “How about you?”

“Um, for wedding I’d want one similar to the guy I was marrying but I like that one.” I point to a beautiful, thin gold one. “And for engagement, um, that one.” I decide, pointing at a gold one with a sapphire in the middle studded with little diamonds. 

“I love that one.” Niall agrees. “Shall we go now?” 

We exit the store, and keep walking. We go in a few more, just browsing. Then Niall checks his phone. 

“Shoot, Jenn. I just got a text from my manager. I need to meet him somewhere for  15 minutes. Can we meet back here in half an hour?” He asks desperately. I see the worry across his face and I nod.

“Ok, see you soon.” He pecks my lips and dashes off. I browse the clothes and try on a few things. Before I know it, Niall is back. 

“Do you want anything?” he asks. 

“No.” I shake my head. “Let’s go.” 

We link arms and walk down the street. He doesn’t seem to want to talk about his meeting, so I let it go. We get to the restaurant and they give us a small table on the patio. We have appetizers, our meal and then the dessert arrives. Niall’s phone beeps, and he quickly texts back a response. Then he takes my hand. 

“Jenn, I love you. You’ve been so wonderful to me, and I never want to live without you.” Then he gets down on one knee and pulls a small royal blue velvet box from the back pocket of his jeans. When he opens it, inside is the ring from the jewelry store; the one I told him I liked. “Will you marry me Jennifer?”

I grin, “Yes, yes, yes!” Niall pushes a button on his phone, and a few seconds later, fireworks start going off. 

He gets up, slips the ring on my finger and kisses me. “I’m glad I can truly call you my girl now Jenn.”

I smile and hug him, watching the fireworks. “There was no meeting with a manager was there?”

He grins and shrugs helplessly. “I wanted to make sure you liked the ring I chose.” He says. 

I laugh, “Only you Niall. Only you.”

All the people around us are clapping and smiling. I blush as we sit down. “I assume you set up the fireworks too?” 

“Yup, that’s why my phone beeped and I tested them right when you said yes, so that the boys knew to start the fireworks. I didn’t want them to go off until you said yes.”

I smile, “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

-------------------

Hope you like it Jenn! I thought it was adorable! Remember to fan MouseStyles and True_Colours (me)!

xoxo Oneshotqueens