Lauren and Niall

"You must be joking," I asked my dad, placing my hands on my hips and staring up at him. "You're telling me that ONE DIRECTION is coming here to take riding lessons?"

"No, I'm telling you that Niall from One Direction is coming here to take riding lessons, and you are putting him on Tango, because she would probably be best for beginners. I don't think Sophee would be to thrilled with him, and Ginger would just get annoyed," My dad smiled. "Now go get her ready before he gets here."

Rolling my eyes, I stomped across the yard to the barn, pulling open Tango's stall door. "Hey girl," I greeted with a smile, rubbing her nose as I took her out, and circled her around the big space in the aisle. Taking out some crosstie's, I secured her in the aisle, and ducked under them to head to the tack room.

I returned with an all purpose saddle, a bridle and soft bit, and a light blue saddle pad, before returning to the crosstied horse, and setting everything on a saddle rack.

Running a curry comb through her fur, I absently hummed along to a random tune, studying the way the hairs moved back and forth with each stroke. I didn't even noticed someone approach behind me until they cleared their throat.

Jumping backward, I turned to stare at the intruder. Tango snorted in annoyance, and stomped her foot, flicking her brown colored tail.

There, standing like an idiot behind Tango was Niall Horan from One Direction. I bit back a smile, and instead raised my eyebrows. "Hey hun, you don't approach horses from direct behind. Come over here by me. You're lucky that Tango isn't Niall shy."

The blonde boy grinned sheepishly, and took a wide step, standing directly beside me, our shoulders almsot touching, as he looked over to Tango, who was inspecting something on the floor of the barn.

"I'm sorry. Manager sent me in this way, so I just followed to where he pointed. Don't know much about horses," Niall admitted with a laugh, before reaching out his hand to Tango. Quickly, he retracted it like something stung him. "Can I pet her?"

"Go ahead, pet her while I get her ready for your lesson," I replied with a laugh at his innocence. Quickly, I finished the grooming, including picking the multiple random stones out of her shoes, before I smoothed the blue saddle pad on, and sat the saddle on her back, buckling the girth underneath, and uncrossing the stirrups from the top. Then I slipped the bridle over her head, poking the bit into her mouth in the process. I clipped some reins on, and pulled them over her neck, before undoing the crossties, and clipping on a leadline.

"Now, do you know how to get on?" I asked, turning to Niall, who was engrossed in rubbing a circle on the pattern of fur on Tango's back. He jumped back, slightly startled before grinning sheepishly at me.

"Ah, no, I've never been around many animals," He answered truthfully, glancing at the saddle and stirrups.

"So, put this foot here," I explained, tapping his leg with my hand, "in here," I pointed to the stirrup, "And bounce a couple of times, then pull yourself into the saddle. I'll give you instructions from there."

Brow furrowed in deep concentration, Niall stuck his foot deep into the stirrup, and bounced a few times, before propelling himself into the saddle, settling down in it. "Hey! I did!" He announced proudly, picking up the reins in his fingers and twirling them around.

With a laugh, I walked around Tango's side, and stuck his other foot in the stirrup, before tugging on Tango's lead line. The Arabian moved forward eagerly, almost knocking Niall out of the saddle.

"Hold on!" I called over my shoulder with a grin as he simpled regained his balance, and smiled, embarassment clear on his features.

I ran forward, still holding Tango's leadline as she picked up her pace. Slipping my fingers around our small arenas gate, I flipped it open, and stepped in side, sending Tango forward as I unclipped the lead. "I let go, your on your own!" I called to Niall, striding to the middle to instruct.

He looked over to me, wide-eyed, before clutching onto the front of the English saddle, and clutching onto the reins.

"You're fine. Keep pressure on her sides with your calf muscles to keep her moving. Hold the reins tight, but not super tight. Heels down, back up straight head forward," I instructed, scanning his appearence.

Niall scrambled to meet all my instructions, finally looking like somewhat of a horse rider after a couple seconds of positioning himself.

"Very good. Now, apply more pressure to get her into a trot," He obeyed, and Tango picked up a lumbering trot, her eyes drooping slightly as if she was going to fall asleep right there in the arena with someone on her back.

Instead of posting, like my next instruction was to be, NIall slid off the side of Tango's back, and plopping onto his butt in the sand.

Not being able to control myself I burst out laughing, catching Tango as I began to walk over to see if he was okay.

"You alright there Nialler?" I asked, staring down at him with raised eyebrows as I bit back another giggle at his expression.

"No, and you won't be other!" He grinned with a laugh, grabbing my arm, and pulling me down in the dusty dirt with him. My hand unattached itself from Tango, who wandered away from us, going over to snatch some grass from the dirt.

"You did not just do that!" I hissed playfully, reaching my hand up to hit him, but he caught it in mid-air, before getting considerably closer to my face, his hot breath mingling with my own.

Before I knew what was happening, and before I could protest, his lips pressed to mine for a brief couple of seconds, but it was enoug time for sparks ot fly up and down my body, leabing me with a sweet feeling that spread through my stomach.

"But I did just do that," He grinned with a wink.

---------------

Hope you like it Ginger dearest (:

~Mouse