|24|

The church was still half empty when they arrived.

Vincent and Spiraea had dropped their things off in the room that Adam had prepared for their arrival as soon as they arrived. Adam had met them briefly, only to chat for a few moments to his friend before heading off elsewhere. Vincent supposed it was to check on how things were fairing with the reception details.

After that they took it in turn to shower and get dressed for the event. Spiraea went first, taking a short hot shower before leaving the steam filled room to Vincent.

She took out the magnificent dress and all its accessories laying it out neatly. She pulled on the dress as Vincent was in the shower- he had also taken his clothes with him to give the girl extra privacy.

The girl half twirled watching the fabric sway. She loved that the gown reached the floor. In fact, Spiraea's only disappointment was that the beautiful shoes would be hidden beneath the pretty fabric.

She put on the earrings, though struggled with the clasps on the necklace and bracelet. The bathroom door opened behind her, causing her to turn to Vincent to ask for help. Although the look on his face stopped her.

"What's wrong?" She asked suddenly alarmed. "Did something happen? Is there something on my face?"

"No. You," He breathed gently, his whole face shining with awe and admiration. "You're so beautiful. I'm such a lucky man."

"Oh," she blushed, looking away. She barely heard his footsteps as he came closer, she had no idea how such a large man could be so stealthy.

His hands went to her chin, to tip her face up to him. "Don't hide from me little one."

Her eyes fluttered shut as his face cleaned down to hers and he claimed her lips softly. The necklace and bracelet forgotten for now as they got lost in each other.

He pulled away gently, nuzzling her nose before pulling back completely. The hand he rested on her waist flexed gently as his other hand rested against her neck, his eyes following the bare skin above the deep v-neckline of her dress.

He cleared his throat, forcing him self to think of anything besides the flesh under her dress. About not ripping the material right off of her and laying claim to her body. He tried so desperately not to think about what kind of underwear she was wearing, or how good her figure looked.

He cleared his throat again stepping back completely. "The dress is gorgeous."

It would look better on the floor.

"The tailor, Mama D'Leau made it! She really is a talented seamstress!" She shone with joy, her smile radiating the whole room with joy. Then her smile turned bashful, holding out the necklace and bracelet to him wordlessly.

He was glad when she turned around, it gave him to to fix the front of his pants. When she looked at him like that, Goddess all he could think about was her.

He had always been attracted to her, but now that he had marked her it was as if things had increased tenfold. He had been too busy to think about things before, then Spiraea had been cold with him, but now- it was the first time that they were finally in a room together, and he had time to think about how he really felt. And fuck he wanted her, and he wanted her bad.

He clasped the necklace around her neck, the girl gasping slightly when the cool beads hit her heated skin. She didn't know if she was hot from the shower, or because of the sudden tension in the room.

After clearing things up in the car, she couldn't help but feel things had changed somehow. It wasn't awkward, but there was a new deepness in thier bond that she found startling. She had pretended to fall asleep to avoid the rest of the tension filled car ride for crying out loud!