i•need•you

description: Dean and Cas need each other more than anything. Based on 8x17 (Goodbye Stranger)

note: Day sixteen of my thirty day writing challenge!

words: 1,254

Dean went into the warehouse to find Cas. He had been gone for days. Dean needed him there to help Sam with the trials. He had his gun drawn ahead of him, the lights darkened and dim, with no sign of anybody there but him. It was night, and the angel had just disappeared out of nowhere. So Dean needed to find him.

He turned a corner, and his head jerked around with every little noise that he heard. There was nobody there, just as Dean had expected.

Almost giving himself whiplash, he cocked his gun and turned around, and his pistol was knocked to the floor, only to be met with the fist of somebody familiar. Knocking to the ground, he scrambled around the floor, trying to get up. His breath shaky, he saw who had just hit him.

"No, Cas, no!" he reached his hand up. The angel's face was stern and emotionless, as if he was a mind controlled puppet.

The angel grabbed his wrist and snapped it immediately. He groaned in absolute pain. "No, Cas, don't." His voice was weak, like the last electricity of a lightbulb.

Castiel didn't heed to his words. He didn't obey Dean. Bringing his angel blade up to the sky, Dean choked out his last word.

"Please."

He stabbed him in the torso, his blade burying in his chest, through the fabric of his shirt. The hunter choked on his blood that was running up his throat. Then his body went limp. Castiel swiftly took his angel blade out of his chest, caked in blood. His face didn't even flinch, he wasn't hesitant about killing the love of his life. Dean laid back, and blood oozed out of his mouth, and his heart stopped.

The lights turned on and the warehouse was enlightened. Buzzing was heard from above the angel and he could hear a second pair of footsteps walk up from behind him.

"No hesitation." she nodded, going up beside him, looking at the infamous, dead hunter. "Quick. Brutal."

Castiel stared into his closed eyes as he saw his life was so quickly taken away from him. "Everything's back in order."

She looked over and smiled at Castiel who didn't smile back. His expression had never changed. "Finally. You're ready."

Hundreds of bodies of the same exact hunter laid limp around the angels. Each time was a different way of killing him, but all by Castiel. He was practicing to kill the real thing.

It was time for the real thing. It was time for Castiel to finish manipulating the Winchester brothers and finish the eldest. He didn't need him anymore. He already found out where the angel tablet was thanks to the brothers and Meg the despicable demon. He hated her.

He hated the Winchester brothers for not noticing something was wrong. For not trying to help him. But he didn't need help, they were useless.

Going into the room where Meg showed them, he saw Dean trying to get the angel tablet. He could not, for the death of him, let Dean get the tablet. It was for Naomi. She needed it. If the demons got it, heaven would be destroyed beyond words, beyond comparison to hell.

"I found it, Cas." Dean said, clutching the stone that had the tablet sunken inside of it.

"Great." Cas said, trying to be as normal as possible. He was manipulating them, and it hurt. He didn't know what would happen to the rest of the world after Dean is killed. "Here, let me have it so I can bring it to heaven."

"No, I need to translate it first, don't you know that?" Dean furrowed his eyebrows. It was so hard not to kiss him at that time.

"Fine."

Cas, holding his angel blade, punched Dean square in the jaw, causing the hunter to drop the stone and for it to break, revealing the actual tablet. Lightning flashed in the night sky and thunder slowly followed it lazily.

"Cas..." the Hunter said, his voice weak yet surprised.

The angel hit him over and over and over again. Just like he had practiced. It wasn't as hard, yet he didn't beg for his life like the replicas did. Naomi was supposed to replicate exactly what Dean would do.

Yet Dean was hard to read.

Knocking him to the ground, he clenched his angel blade.

"Cas..." he choked out, his breath toggling. "Cas... listen..."

The angel tried to focus on what would happen if he killed him. Naomi would be proud. Heaven would forgive him for rebelling. He would be a hero. He would be a hero! For once in his life, his brothers and sisters would love him for what he actually was.

"We're family."

No. He couldn't be. He was a human, Cas was an angel. Castiel's real family was in heaven, waiting for him. The angel tried arguing against Naomi. Angels were supposed to be good, not killers of people and men.

"We need you."

No, they didn't. They didn't need him. Sam didn't need him. Kevin didn't need him. Charlie didn't need him. Crowley didn't need him. Nobody did. Nobody loved the fallen, pathetic angel.

"I love you."

Except for Dean.

Castiel's emotion suddenly changed. He could hear the pain in Dean's chest, his voice cracking and his breath like fire. Cas dropped his angel blade and he could hear Naomi's screams, telling him that he was doing it wrong. He was supposed to kill Dean just like he did those thousands of times. It was supposed to be effortless, painless. Yet there was pain in the both of them. Dean's face ached with bruises and cuts, blood trickling and drying down his face. Castiel's heart and mind yearned for the hunter. He couldn't just give him up that easily, by a manipulative angel.

Kneeling down and loosening his furrowed eyebrows, Cas wearily reached for Dean's face. He could then see the blood. He could then see how he hurt the love of his life. The love of his life who just professed his love for him.

Light glowed around them as Cas used his power to heal Dean's face. Once Dean realized
that he was healed, he looked around, confused.

Castiel grabbed the angel blade as Dean stood up. Naomi was ready to take it from him, yet Dean broke the bond. He broke whatever he had between him and Naomi. He was no longer controlled, he had free will.

The angel explained to the hunter what had happened to him. What Naomi had done to the angel. Dean's face kept the confused look, the look that said, "This son of a bitch hurt my angel?" And Naomi did. She hurt Castiel in ways he couldn't describe. He didn't realize until her spell on him was broken.

"What broke the spell?"

"Love." Cas simply said, looking at Dean's eyes. But instead of Dean looking at Castiel's eyes back like a normal person, he stared at his lips.

Then he leaned in and kissed the angel. Cas dropped the angel tablet and it split in half, causing sparks to fly and lightning to flash. Thunder rolled in anger at what Cas had done. But Dean didn't care. It could be fixed.

Cas was a hero in his real families' eyes. Cas was a hero in Dean's eyes.