this•is•how

description: Cas teaches Dean how he makes his pies.

note: Day fifteen of my thirty day writing challenge! Half way done! Thank you for all the people who have read, voted, and commented on each of my daily one shots. It really means a lot to me in a way words can't describe.

words: 1,795

☁ 

Dean loved pies. He always had. Ever since he was a child, his mother made him pies of every flavor. He would happily sit there in his highchair at the table, munching away on gooey pie. Dean had always adored his mother, even decades after her death.

But, after she had died. Dean no longer had the homemade pies. He would only buy pies at the store, instead of making them himself. They didn't have the same taste as his mother's pie. Although she died thirty-five years ago, he still remembered the taste and texture. No pies ever tasted like hers. Even though he still loved pie, and would cherish them every second of the day, none of them were like Mary's.

Except for the angel's.

Cas' pies were the absolute most amazing thing that Dean had ever tasted. Dean couldn't say they were a little bit better than Mary's, he could say that they were ten times as better. It gave him a sense of the little bit of childhood he had again. Growing up after his mother's death was miserable. His father was always hunting and he had to take care of Sammy. Mary and her cooking always filled Dean up with a nostalgic satisfaction he wish he could've had everyday. But Castiel's pies gave him more than that. It gave him love, warmth, kisses, and happiness. Cas made him exuberant with every single slice of pie he ate.

However, Cas was not always there. He was very busy as an angel. Yet, whenever he had free time, he would always come to the bunker and make Dean pie.

And so, Dean had asked Cas, since he had they had the whole day to themselves, to show him how to make his signature pies. Cas experimented with a lot of flavors, but Dean had asked if they could make apple pie that night. The angel, of course, was overwhelmingly intoxicated with happiness. He had always wanted to bake with Dean.

Getting the ingredients for the apple pie out, Dean watched Cas' ass hanging in the air. He was bending over, trying to grab all of the bowls and utensils he would use.

"Dean, I am very happy that you asked me to show you how to make your favorite dessert." he smiled, turning around and putting all of the utensils on the island in the middle of the kitchen.

Dean had his hip hitting the island, and his angel leaned over the counter and kissed him, holding a metal bowl with his finger tips.

"Of course, baby." Dean smiled. "I need pie when you're not here, so..."

"So, what? Dean, you cannot finish your sentence with only 'so', it is not proper grammar." Cas scolded, smiling. 

"So... I need to learn how to make it." he beamed.

"Yes." Cas nodded, going to the refrigerator. "We need sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and the crust out of the pantry."

The angel had said those ingredients like he had said them in his head a million times. He didn't stop to look at the recipe, he just knew it at the top of his head.

Grabbing the sugar and flour, Dean's eyes looked up, as he was trying to remember what Cas had said. He probably needed to write it down, but he didn't have time. He quickly glanced behind him to see that Cas was already putting the some ingredients in the bowl. He grabbed whatever he could out of the pantry and Cas looked up as he was chopping apples, to see that Dean had grabbed more than half of the wrong ingredients.