spoil•ing

description: Dean and Cas spoil one another during Christmas. Also, I couldn't decide each and every gift everyone got each other, so just pretend they were good.

note: Day nineteen of my thirty day writing challenge!

words: 1,180

It was Christmas time at the Men of Letter's bunker. The whole Winchester family was cooped up at the long, wooden table, ready to hand each other gifts. Sam, Dean, Cas, Charlie, Bobby and Kevin were all sitting around the table, smiling large grins from ear to ear.

"Okay, who wants to go first?" Charlie asked, clapping her hands in excitement. 

"I can!" Sam replied almost immediately. 

Dean and Cas exchanged glances. Both of them were so excited to give each other the gifts that they got, and were gonna decide to give the gifts last. There were flurries outside in the night, little flakes of snow cascading down, just enough to put a thin, small blanket over the grass. The perfect Christmas weather for northern Kansas. 

Normally, all the hunters weren't so big on Christmas. However, this was a special occasion. They had no hunts at the moment, which was already a present for all six of them. It was perfect bliss. But the hunter and angel couple were probably the most excited. This was the first Christmas that Dean could officially give Cas, since the angel had never experienced a holiday like the one they were about to witness. Dean was absolutely going to spoil Cas in front of his family.

Since Sam had answered first, he grabbed five boxes from underneath the table. First to his brother, then he went around the table and handed them each their gift. Dean got nostalgia from the late eighties when he would spend Christmas in a hotel with his younger brother, giving each other gifts wrapped up in cheap newspaper instead of wrapping paper. But this year was different, this year they could actually pay for wrapping supplies and make it seem like they were a normal family. However, they were far from normal. 

They all ripped into their different sized gifts. Dean's was the heaviest, while Kevin's was the smallest, yet it had a fundamental value. 

Castiel watched as Dean pulled out his own gift. It was in a white cardboard box, which the angel observed in curiosity, tilting his head. Dean opened it up and inside was a bourbon keg, which had his first and last name across the top, with the year 2020 beneath it. "Dude!" he smiled, turning it and seeing how it looked like a real, miniature wooden keg.

"Now you can make your own bourbon, Dean." Sam nodded, proud that he got his older brother a satisfactory gift.

Charlie opened her gift, which was a necklace that was an exact replica of Arwen Evenstar's necklace from the Lord of the Rings. She squealed in excitement and immediately wrapped her arms around Sam, thanking him over and over. Cas, Kevin, and Bobby opened their gifts as well, smiling at what they got. 

However, the blue-eyed angel was still confused on the tradition of Christmas. He had never been apart of a tradition or holiday before, so it was all still very new to him. Dean looked over at Cas, who had his hands simply in his lap. The hunter leaned over and kissed the angel, reassuring that he would never be left out, even if it was in something he didn't completely understand yet. Cas' ears tinted pink. 

Next, Charlie gave everyone their gifts. She got everybody a personalized coffee mug, with their whole bodies as 8-bit characters. They looked in the inside and there was an anti-possession symbol on the bottom of the cup. Chuckling, Dean thanked her sincerely.

Once the rest had given out their presents, wrapping paper chucked across the wooden floor. It was time for Cas to give Dean his own gifts.

"I do not really understand the tradition of this holiday. But I tried my best, Dean." Cas bit his lip in nervousness, handing Dean an envelope and a present, wrapped up, he would admit, very nicely.

Opening the envelope first, Dean smiled acutely, it was wrapped up in a red envelope with Dean's name on it. Inside the envelope, was a little business card that was printed black. Looking at the card, Dean realized and his jaw dropped.

"Free pie for an entire year at Biggerson's!" Dean exclaimed, his surprisement turning into a smile where his teeth touched his lips. 

Cas blushed. "Yes. It took me a lot of tries to win it. I wrote my name many times, including other fake names, like you did. A fake name won and I was very delighted."

"Cas..." the hunter looked over. Everybody else's heart melted for the love for each other. "Thank you, angel."

They kissed, and it sent a warmth down the both of them that a toasty fire could never give anybody. 

Ripping open the nicely wrapped present, Dean revealed a white box that he had to shake open. Doing so, he saw a very, very expensive suit folded up neatly inside the box. 

Cas spoke up, perking in his seat. "I know how much you hate your other suits. So I made you a custom made one." he smiled.

Everyone else aww'd in excitement, and a flash of white came across the both of them. Charlie took a flash photo of the both of them, capturing the moment where they were both smiling deeply. "I love you." they both said at the same time in unison. 

Dean gave his angel his gifts. They were smaller, yet they had the biggest value ever. 

Slowly taking off the packaging on the first one, it revealed to be a necklace, with a blue gem in the middle that matched Cas' eyes. Hanging from the charm, were two steel wings, and Cas realized they were an exact replica of his own wings which he currently didn't have. A flutter in Cas' heart made him look over, and he was absolutely ecstatic.

"My wings." he muttered, a feeling of deep love and saudade. He missed his wings with absolute wrathfulness.

Dean smiled, noticing the happy tears forming in his angel's eyes. Cas had never experienced such love from other people in the way he was right now. He had raised Dean from perdition, and was almost immediately accepted into the Winchester family. Nobody in heaven had given him the humanity that the brothers and their family did. Ever.

Cas opened the other box, and inside a velvety case, was a ring. It was a simple, metal ring. But it had the biggest meaning. A meaning that surprised everybody else tremendously, including the angel.

"This ring promises you, that I'll never leave you. I promise you, angel, that I will marry you someday. Can you promise me that, too?"

Flabbergasted and in tears, Castiel replied. "Yes, Dean."

And that was that. Heaven and its angels, Castiel's fake brothers and sisters, didn't matter. The only family that he needed, was sitting around him, smiling sincerely.