stitch•es

description: After a werewolf attack, both Cas and Dean are injured. They patch each other up.

note: Day three of my thirty day writing challenge!

words: 1,653

"Shit, Cas. Holy shit." Dean panted as they were both on the ground, curled up on top of each other. Dean winced in pain, looking down at his leg and other wounds.

Cas was currently on top of Dean, protecting him from the vast werewolves that were attacking them. He was shielding Dean from the beasts, looking behind him. Dean was immensely hurt and his leg was bleeding out from a singular scratch caused by the alpha of the pack. Castiel, wasn't as hurt, but he could walk.

A roaring boom made Cas stand up from where he was protecting Dean. Another werewolf barged in, breaking the wooden door off of its hinges. Castiel got his angel blade that he kept up his sleeve and the werewolf charged at him. The hunter was scared, and his vision was blurry, the immense pain that was coursing through his veins ached. He could only see Cas' legs and the werewolves' legs too. The angel swiftly stabbed the werewolf through the heart with his blade, piercing its chest with silver. It was a technique Cas had learned from the Winchesters. The werewolf immediately fell down, gasping from the pain. Cas kicked it to the side, but before it let out it's final breath, it extended it claws and reached up to gash it across the angel's torso. Cas wailed out in pain, grabbing his chest with his fingers and palm. 

He looked at his hand to reveal blood was indeed coming out of the wound. But he had bigger problems at the moment, bigger fish to fry. Cas turned around and saw Dean was still breathing heavily, trying to put pressure on his wound with his third layer of plaid, it was soaked with his blood, leaking the liquid.

"Cas, are you okay?" he said weakly, trying to stand but it was no use. His legs gave in and he instantly fell back down.

"Dean! Of course I'm fine. Look at yourself!" he replied, worry caving in on his throat. He scrambled over to his boyfriend, who was still on the floor.

"I've had worse, baby. I'm okay."

"No you're not okay." he shook his head, putting his arms under Dean's armpits to heave him up. "Work with me here. I am not that strong."

He picked up Dean and he began hopping on the uninjured leg. He had his arm around Cas' neck and Cas had his own arms around his waist. "Just because you aren't physically strong doesn't mean you aren't mentally. You practically saved me, baby. I probably would've been werewolf chow if you weren't here with me."

Cas nodded, trying to comprehend his words. Dean suck in a breath, "I love you, angel."

"I'm no angel. I can't heal you." he shook his head again.

"Yes you are. You have to stop hurting yourself like this," they eventually reached the outside, and the sky was dark with purple and black clouds, covering the full moon. "just because you don't have powers or wings doesn't mean you're not my angel."

The man softly smiled, looking at Dean. Cas opened the door of the Impala's passenger side and placed him on the seat, Dean tried not to show that he was hurt but it was clear he was. Cas got into the driver's side and started the ignition, the engine purring with readiness and excitement. The hunter leaned his head onto the window, seeing the headlights turn on and reflect through the window.