lack•a•dai•si•cal

description: Dean and Cas have a lazy day.

note: Day twelve of my thirty day writing challenge!

definition of lackadaisical: lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy.

words: 1,464

Dean and Cas had nothing to do. Literally nothing. They were bored out of their minds and they were also exhausted. Just coming back from a hunt and getting less than four hours of sleep can really get two men worked up... in a fatigued, awful way.

At eight o'clock in the morning on the dot, they were woken up by the sun shining through their window's blinds. Normally, one of them closed it and draped the curtains across the window, but, somehow, one of them forgot. That started their day with a crappy wakeup.

"God, Cas... did you close the curtains last night?" Dean asked, his voice absolutely groggy from the lack of coffee already.

"No." he replied, his voice somehow deeper than it normally was. "I thought you did."

Getting home from the hunt, they completely just crashed on the bed, not worrying about changing into pajamas or doing their nightly routine. The vampires were absolute stubborn sons of bitches, and they just kept coming somehow. Both of them, of course, successfully killed all of them, but it was still difficult, just like almost every hunt they had. Just for some reason, that hunt was harder. There were two alpha vampires, and they hadn't expected a nest filled with thirty whole vampires, including the alphas. It was pretty stressful.

"Agh." the hunter groaned, "That's fine, babe. My bad."

Cas' arm was around Dean's clothed chest. They had always ended up spooning each other, no matter what position they had slept in. It was pretty great, to the both of them. It brought them peace and comfort at night, knowing they were there by each other. Forever and always. They promised each other to never leave on another. Ever. It happened once when Cas was taken by Lucifer, through a stab in the back, yet death couldn't even tear them apart. Cas had came back, revived to life, and they fell in love all over again.

"No, Dean." the angel sighed, taking his hand off of Dean and stretching both of his arms, like a cat. Castiel yawned, "It was my fault."

Dean laughed, "Whatever. It's all good."

Running his fingers through Cas' hair, Dean kissed him on the forehead and then the bridge of his nose. Castiel hummed in satisfaction, smiling. Their legs were still tangled up with each other underneath the blanket. Cas moved his legs and softly chuckled from the look of betrayal portrayed on his boyfriend's face.

Dean had managed to get up from the bed, first squeezing Castiel's hand lazily. Cas tossed and turned in the covers, trying to find a fitting and congenial position, but it was no use. The angel never slept without Dean by his side, it was almost as if Dean was his personal teddy bear, snuggling up against him every night for safety and warmth. Dean put on his robe, since he wasn't wearing any pants and his robe was his favorite thing to wear. It was like Castiel's trench coat, Dean liked his trench coat on him so much that he wanted to be like his angelic boyfriend and dress similar to him. He thought it didn't work as well, as Cas' iconic trench coat was what made Cas, Cas.

God, he's so perfect, Dean thought, not even looking at him in his messy, bed rested state. Flattening his robe, he turned to see that Cas was already out of bed, running his finger's through his head again, trying to make sense of his bedhead. Again, it was no use. That was just his natural hair, and not like Dean could complain, his ravenous, dark, messy hair was just fucking attractive. Dean honestly had no idea how he managed to score the angel. Out of everybody Cas could've fell in love with, it was Dean fucking Winchester. Again, not that he could complain.

Dean made himself coffee in the bunker's kitchen, the brown liquid spewing out with a screeching noise, bubbling inside the mug, a mug that said "I like my coffee dark, like my soul". Which honestly described Dean in a short sentence. Never had he settled on the watered down, powerfully sugared Frappuccinos that Dean didn't even consider coffee. It was always black and straight out of the pot.

The hunter sipped the coffee, not caring if it was hot or not, if it was, then it would be a wakeup call for him. The heat would burst him awake. Yet, after drinking a whole cup in silence, Dean was still exhausted. So, he went over to the coffee maker again, after lazily kissing the angel's lips, and brewed himself another cup.

"Dean, are you sure you need another one?" Cas asked, tilting his head. Both of their hair was messy, sticking up in random places, almost as if sleep was a homemade gel for men's hair. Dean knew he probably looked like a hedgehog, but all he was worried about at the moment was getting himself caffeinated and making sure adrenaline was pumping through his blood work.

Dean smiled nonchalantly, "Yeah, I'm pretty sure."

"Okay." he replied simply, his voice quiet.

After Dean's second cup of coffee, the caffeine still did nothing. Dean was still very much so tired, but he couldn't go back to sleep. Dean's stomach started grumbling in hunger, yearning for some actual solid food, and not a caffeinated beverage. Dean drank coffee every morning, and he knew it wasn't good for him, yet he still did it. He did it because there'd be no point in trying to turn his life around. And to stop drinking a liquid that made Dean wake up refreshed every morning, well, Dean wasn't sure how that one step would make a difference. That's why he always made fun of Sammy for jogging, doing yoga, becoming vegetarian, all that different stuff, because there was just no point. Sure, it sounded depressing, but if Dean loved what he loved, then that was it. Lately, he's been giving his younger brother some slack though, because, if Sam loved what he loved, then that should be it, too.

"You hungry?" Dean asked Cas as they were sitting down on the couch, watching some random television show of a penguin documentary. There were two male penguins, a couple, who had just adopted an abandoned baby penguin. Cas smiled, thinking about the animals. That could be them. "I'm hungry. Imma order some pizza. Want some?"

Cas, shaking his head out of his penguin-induced thoughts, looked over at Dean. "Am I? No. Thank you, though."

"Alright, more pepperoni for the Meat Man, I guess." he slightly bobbed his head, flashing his teeth. Dean thought everything he said was hilarious, yet all he got from his boyfriend was a head tilt and an eyebrow furrow, and all he got from his brother was a scoff and an eye roll. Sam always told him to never call himself the Meat Man. Because, Sam had looked it up to see what it meant, and it for sure was not what Dean was referring to.

The pizza came, and Dean ate more than half of it to himself. They decided to transfer into their room. Dean was laying down on his stomach across their bed, watching a scary movie on television, eating the pizza. Castiel, on the other hand, was sitting close by Dean, also on the bed, his legs crossed, staring intently and slightly confused as to why the woman was screaming at the obviously fake David Yeager. Cas never really understood movies, like at all. 

However, watching them with Dean, again, made him feel safe and secure. Like the movies were only pretend, and nothing like that existed. Yet, he could only dream, the both of them. Like the both of them were married, and had two children that they had adopted from an orphanage, a white picket fence protecting their home.

Even so, the moments they spent together, despite it being lazy like that day, were precious. Even if the whole day they binge-watched all of the All Saint's Day movies. To Castiel's demise, they all sucked, but he still cherished each laughter that Dean suppressed, his chuckles and cackles filling the whole room up, every corner, every crevice.

Even Castiel's heart.

I'm so sorry this is an hour and a half after midnight! I was extremely busy the whole day, and just didn't have time to write. But I swear, the next one is BY FAR going to be your favorite and MY favorite. If it's late again, I'm extremely sorry. It's going to be long and adorable. So strap your seatbelts and wait for the update!