75. Battle Scars

[The Scar]

Sam, Natalia, Dylan and Dean were walking through the bunker.

"It's just every time I think about it, you know. It's like a nightmare. I mean I can't eat, I can't sleep - it's always just there watching me," Dean said.

"Dean, it's just a beard. Dylan, Nat and I've been a little busy lately," Sam replied.

"Yeah well that's not an excuse, cos you know Duck Dynasty called and they want it all back. Hell, even Dylan found time to shave."

"Some people say I look good."

Natalia shook her head, resting a hand on her stomach. "No Sam. No one says that."

"Hey, you know."

"Hey, if you three are going to ask me if I'm okay, you don't have to," Dean told them.

"Okay, it's just that you didn't talk a whole lot on the ride here," Dylan told him.

"Look, Michael bailed. I don't know why and don't know how; he just cleared out. Now as far as my memory goes, I mean everything from the second I said yes to the moment I walked through those doors is a blank. So, I'm good. I'm just really, really, happy to be home."

They entered the library, which was full of hunters.

"Yep, there have been a few changes made," Sam said.

A man with papers approached warily.

"Yeah, not Michael any more," Dean told him.

"Right, Chief told us. Welcome back," the hunter replied.

"Chief??!" Dean cried.

"I asked them not to call me that," Sam said.

"Dean?" Jack asked.

"Hey kid," Dean greeted.

"Is it really you?"

Dean nodded. "Yeah."

Castiel and Azrael entered.

Dean acknowledged Castiel and Azrael and hugged Jack.

"Dean," Castiel and Azrael said.

"Cas. Rae," Dean replied.

"I'm sorry," Castiel apologized. "We wanted to be there, but we feared that Michael would sense my presence."

"Sam told me. Ain't no thing."

"Where's Mary?" Jack wondered.

"She and Bobby stayed back in Duluth to clean up the situation," Dylan informed.

"Speaking of clean up, I need a shower," Dean decided.

"Hey..." Sam called.

"Still okay. I promise." He left the room.

Natalia yawned. "I need a nap. Now that we have Dean back, I can finally relax. Love you, Dyl." She kissed Dylan and left the room as well.

"How's Nick?" Sam asked.

"He's gone," Castiel and Azrael informed.

"WHAT?" Sam and Dylan cried.

"He left a note, said that he had some personal business to attend to and he hasn't been returning my calls. He was in a dark place; maybe he just needed some time."

"All right, yeah, maybe," Sam replied.

"Sam. Dylan. Dean, how is he really?"

"I don't know."