48. Real Wild Child

[Ladies Drink Free]

Sam, Natalia, Dylan and Dean were waiting, impatiently, in the British Men of Letters bunker.

"All right, that's it. I'm waiting in the car," Dean said.

"Dean, dude, wait a second. Natalia, sit," Sam told his siblings.

"No. You know what? Getting jobs from these dicks is one thing, but she and I didn't sign up for this reporting for duty crap, especially when they're late."

Natalia shot her brother a look. "I don't wanna sit."

Dylan took her hand and sat her on his lap.

"Sorry I'm late," Mick apologized as the door locked and beeped. "My report to the home office ran long. We've had our hands full since..." Dean, Natalia and Mick looked down at a blood stain on the floor. "Well, best not to dwell on that."

"Wow. That is some world-class repression. You are British," Dean said.

Natalia nodded. "About as British as they come."

"We prefer to call it a stiff upper lip," Mick corrected.

Sam frowned at his siblings. "Okay, okay. Enough. Mick, what's the deal with the bat signal?"

Mick let out a sigh. "There was an incident in Wisconsin." He handed Sam a gray folder. "A girl named Hayden Foster's in the hospital, and her brother lost his heart. Looks like a werewolf."

"Well, they don't usually leave behind survivors," Dylan commented.

Natalia shrugged. "My guess is the freak probably got spooked before it could finish the job."

"Well, perhaps," Mick replied. "But it usually takes more than a fright to put your average werewolf off his supper."

"Oh, you'd know that, would you?" Dean questioned.

"Actually, I would. I did extensive research into lycanthropy at Kendricks." Mick walked across the room and pulled two books out of a cabinet.

"Kendricks?" Sam repeated.

"The Kendricks School. It's where the British Men of Letters train their operatives. It's like our-"

"Hogwarts?" Sam and Dylan finished.

Mick placed one book on the table and handed one to Sam. "Exactly. Kendricks is the largest collection of occult lore in the world."

"Cool."

Sam looked to Dean and Natalia enthusiastically while Dylan offered a small smile. Dean and Natalia were unimpressed.

Mick continued. "So when it comes to werewolves, I'm not entirely ignorant. For example, we know that last night's attack didn't happen on a full moon. Therefore, we're looking for a pureblood."

"You think?" Dean questioned. "It's like a milk run to me."

"Then you don't mind if I tag along?"

Sam frowned. "Mick, um... Listen, I-I don't think... I don't think it's really your kind of thing."

"Oh, no, maybe it should be. I had the best team, but most of us, we were thinkers, not fighters. And let's be honest – you and your mum, you're the only reason I'm still alive."

Natalia crossed her arms. "So now you wanna be like us?"

"No. I just want to be ready for whatever's next."

Sam, Natalia, Dylan and Dean were in the hallway while Mick packed up in the main room.

Natalia pointed back towards Mick. "Dude, he is dead weight, and you know it."