12. The Gambler

[Inside Man]

Sam, Castiel and Azrael were sitting at a table with an older, balding gentleman with glasses. They were holding hands, and the unknown man, a psychic, was chanting. The lights flickered, the table shook, and the candles started shooting flames.

"Amate spiritus obscure, Te quaerimus. Te oramus, nobiscum colloquere, apud no circita," the psychic said.

In a living room with a recliner, many full bookshelves, and a radio playing The Gambler by Kenny Rogers, sat Bobby who took a sip of his drink.

"Bobby?" Sam voice came through, staticy on the radio, cutting Kenny Rogers in and out. "Bobby, can you hear me? Bobby, we need your help."

"Please, Bobby."

Bobby frowned. "Sam?"

BUNKER - SAM'S BEDROOM

Sam was awoken by Dean and Natalia screaming for him.

"Sam!"

Sam ran barefoot through the hallway. Dean was having a nightmare, as was Natalia.

"No. No! No! No. No!"

Sam noticed Dean was clenching his right fist, the arm that bared the Mark.

He ran to Natalia's room and saw that she was doing the same.

DEAN'S / NATALIA'S HEAD - MARK INDUCED NIGHTMARE

Dean and Natalia saw themselves killing Lester, torturing Metatron, killing Abaddon, and revisited their fight with Cain.

"Aah!" Metatron cried.

Cain's words echoed through Dean's head in his dream. "My story began when I killed my brother, and that's where your story will inevitably end. Your sister will sacrifice herself. The ultimate loss."

Dean and Natalia woke up and saw Sam across the room from them, looking worried.

BUNKER - LIBRARY

Sam sat at the library table on the phone, laptop open when Dean and Natalia entered, drinking coffee and tea.

"Yeah. Yeah, okay, just, um... just be there. Yeah. Gotta go." He hung up his phone and addressed Dean and Natalia. "Hey. How did you two sleep?"

"Like a drunk baby," Dean replied. "What do we got?"

"A fat load of nothing."

"Really?"

"There's no weird deaths, no demon signs. There's a Kitsune working some truck stops outside of Boise, but Rudy's on it, so..."

"All right. So, uh, snow day. I say we get drunk and shoot crap."

"I'm down," Natalia said.

Sam shot her a look before saying, "Yeah, except we do that every day. Actually, I was thinking about seeing a movie."

"Yeah, that could be cool," Dean replied.

"It's a French movie."

"You mean like nudie French?"

"Even better. It's about a mime that's secretly a cockroach."

"I-I don't get it. Nat seems confused as well."

"Dude, The New York Times said-"

"Who cares?"

"All right, well... It's playing in Wichita, so I might not be back till morning."

"Well, I trust you. Make good choices."

"Right. You know, I mean... we could make this a group thing..."