40. Instant Karma

[The One You've Been Waiting For]

BUNKER

Dean and Natalia sat at the kitchen table typing away as Sam and Dylan entered with grocery bags.

"Hey. Got everything on the list. So what are you thinkin', scrambled or fried?" Sam asked.

"I'm not really hungry right now," Dean replied.

Natalia didn't look up from Dylan's computer. "Yeah. Same."

Sam looked between them. "Y-you're not that..." Sam opened the box that contained a pie. "How about some pie?"

Dean didn't look up. "Maybe later. Kind of in the middle of something."

Sam sighed. "All right, dude, sis, something's wrong."

Dylan took the pie from Sam and put it in front of Natalia. She pushed it away and he looked at her, concerned. "No pie? Something's definitely wrong, Sam."

"No," Dean and Natalia said.

Sam sighed again. "I get it. If Mom–"

Dean cut him off. "I'm gonna stop you right there, okay? Look, Mom needed her space, and I told you Nat and I are cool with it."

"But are you two really?"

Dean set down the laptop. "Happened last night."

Sam and Dylan read the computer screen. "Killed in Mystery Fire."

"Mm-hmm," Dean hummed, checking out the pie. Natalia rested her head on her hands, looking between her brother and husband.

"Mystery fire?" Sam and Dylan repeated.

Natalia nodded. "Yeah, the kind that doesn't burn anything but the bodies."

"So spontaneous combustion." Sam clicked tongue. "What are you thinking?"

"Uh, witch? Dragon?" Dylan guessed.

"Maybe. Check it out. The old lady? Loaded. I'm talking Scrooge McDuck swimming in pools of money. So what's a lady like that doing at some crap store at 3 a.m.?" Dean asked them.

"Well, it says it was an antique shop," Sam noted.

"So?"

"Uh, rich people like antiquing. I don't know."

"I say we check it out," Natalia said, raising a finger.

"Uh..." Sam sighed. "All right. In the meantime, you sure you two don't wanna talk about–"

"No," Dean and Natalia interrupted.

"Dean, Nat, it's called sublimation."

"Yeah. Yeah, it's kinda our thing," Dean replied.

ANTIQUE SHOP

Sam, Natalia, Dylan and Dean approached and inspect the yellow tape that was pulled across the doors.

"Looks like we missed the calvary," Sam noted.

"I guess we should go home then," Dean said.

As they entered the shop, Sam said, "All right, I'm guessing that's the first victim." He looked at a pile of ash.

"Scrooge McDuck lady?" Dean guessed.

"Yeah. Hmm."

Natalia noticed another pile. "Which makes this the antiques dealer."

"Yeah. Name was Marvin Brickle. Widower. Owned the shop for decades," Dylan told them.

"No sulfur," Dean noted.