𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Phoenix hoisted herself onto the rock pathway of the Cornucopia, remembering when she did this for the first time only a day ago

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

     Phoenix hoisted herself onto the rock pathway of the Cornucopia, remembering when she did this for the first time only a day ago. Walking towards the empty Cornucopia, Phoenix listens closely to Katniss as she begins explaining the arena in more detail.

" The entire arena seems to be laid out like a clock with a new threat every hour, but they stay only within their wedge. " This all began making sense to Phoenix, remembering the short time but long distance in between the two different attacks. " It all starts with lightning, then blood rain, fog, monkeys. " Phoenix watched Finnick tense a bit at the mention of the fog that took Mags. Especially with the fact that her death was still very fresh with him.

" That's within the first four hours. At ten the big wave hits from over there. " Katniss finishes while pointing to the other side of the Cornucopia. " Wiress you're a genius. " Finnick praised with Wiress sending him a smile, even though it was obvious she was still in a slight state of shock. Walking past the woman Phoenix heard her mutter the two familiar words one last time.

" But the tail points to twelve. " Peeta points out, bringing Phoenix and Finnick back to the conversation. Katniss nodded her head slowly before opening her mouth to speak again. " That's when the lightning strikes. " She revealed, to Beetee's surprise.

" Where? " Beetee asks, holding his coil tightly towards his body as he looks back at Katniss. Katniss's arm extended towards the tree that was a distance away from them. " That big tree. " Beetee nodded his head at the information, already beginning to form a plan in his head.

The sound of a muffled singing made Phoenix turn her head, tuning out what the rest of her alliance was saying about the arena. Looking at Wiress, Phoenix listened to the nursery rhyme that was spilling from the older woman's mouth. " Nixie. " Finnick mutter, getting the girl's attention, he held his hand out for Phoenix, and lead them to the inside of the Cornucopia.

Letting go of each other's hands, Phoenix, Finnick, Katniss Johanna, and Beetee all huddle around Peeta, watching him draw a clock into the dark sand of the Cornucopia. Peeta begins matching the time with their corresponding attack, reminding the tributes of all they had been through in the past hours.

" Johanna, did you guys see anything else? " Phoenix asked, wanting to know if there was another attack they had missed. Knowing it was Johanna who got Beetee and Wiress out of the jungle Phoenix thought she might have seen something else. Johanna shook her head at Phoenix's question. " Nothing but blood. " Recalling her bloody experience inside the jungle.

" It doesn't matter. As long as we stay clear of whichever sector is active, we'll be safe. " Peeta reminded, his eyes still fixated on the clock that he drew. " Yeah, relatively speaking. " Finnick muttered, knowing that the games were never safe and that the GameMakers always had something more planned.

A loud gasp cuts Finnick off, causing Phoenix and Katniss to look towards the sound. Phoenix's eyes widen when she sees Gloss stabbing his knife right through Wiress's back. Pulling out a knife Phoenix aims it towards Gloss only stopping when she sees Katniss's arrow land straight in the man's bare chest.