𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

Phoenix hadn't even noticed how fast the time had gone by, only realizing hours after she was snatched away from her bed

Phoenix hadn't even noticed how fast the time had gone by, only realizing hours after she was snatched away from her bed. With a tracker already inside her, Phoenix looked down at the spot where it had been placed in. Her heart races a bit, knowing the tracker would have to be ripped out of not only her and Finnick's arms but Katniss and Peeta's as well.

Phoenix is ripped from her thoughts when she feels Tilda tightening her high ponytail before exiting the room. She knows Tilda is getting what she'll be wearing in the arena. Getting Phoenix's only clue at what she'll be up against in the games.

Tilda came back into the room, holding a grey and black wet suit in her hands. " So water. " Phoenix confirmed while taking off her robe and stepping into the skin-tight suit. " That's what it looks like. " Tilda agreed while zipping the suit up her back.

The last call for the tributes rang out throughout the room. Phoenix tensed up and looked at Tilda for any kind of support. To Phoenix's surprise, Tilda wrapped her arms around her, holding Phoenix close to her. " You bring that crown home. " Tilda whispered before pulling away.

Once letting go, Tilda reached down into the pocket of her pants, pulling out the gold ring that belonged to Haymitch. Phoenix looked down at the ring, watching the gold jewelry as it was slipped onto her ring finger. Once the ring was on she looked back up at her stylist. Tilda looked back at her, sending her a silent nod of encouragement.

A sigh left Phoenix's mouth before she turned around and walked into the glass tube. With glass now separating them, Phoenix felt her heart begin to race. She placed a hand against the glass, almost as if Tilda, her new stylist she failed to connect with, was her final hope to get out of these games. The glass began moving and Phoenix moved her hands around the glass, wishing it would stop.

But it didn't.

Suddenly a bright light nearly blinded Phoenix as she tried to figure out where she was. " Let the 75th Hunger Games begin. " The announcer spoke before the final countdown began. The numbers began counting down and Phoenix finally got a better look at where she was.

Surrounding the podium she stood on was miles of water. Phoenix squinted her eyes, looking past the water to see a beach, that was surrounded by a jungle. Phoenix had no time to question the logistics of the arena as she looked at the people around her. She was surprised to see Chaff next to her and not Cassian.

Listening to the countdown she looks around for Finnick but is disappointed when she sees no sight of him. Phoenix quickly convinces herself that she'll find him and begins preparing herself for the long swim ahead of her.

The cannon goes off and without a second wasted, Phoenix jumps headfirst into the water.

It was times like this when Phoenix thanked Finnick for teaching her to swim, because, within no time, Phoenix hoisted herself onto the rocks and began sprinting towards the Cornucopia. " Phoenix! "  Finnick yells as soon as he got a view of the girl running towards him. It was no surprise to Phoenix that he had swam there faster than anyone else.