We Are Infinite

"It's crazy," He peered over at you, but you stared out the window of his car, "how much things can change

"It's crazy," He peered over at you, but you stared out the window of his car, "how much things can change."

His gaze traced over to where your finger was lingering against the cold glass.

In the distance was a beautiful view of large houses being lit up in the dark by their porches.

Some had lanterns lining their long driveways into their luxurious homes.

Others were completely dark except for the lights on inside the home, indicating some kind of life form.

He snapped his head back to the direction of the road, driving almost without a destination.

"Do you remember the last time I was here?" You proceeded, as if in a daze.

"I do."

"You told me one day someone would love me for me." Your eyes drifted to the street in front of you, the headlights of Bucky's car clearing the way, "Do you remember?"

Bucky stiffened his hold on the streaming wheel, his right-hand finding your own on your seat.

"I'm surprised you remember that."

"How could I forget?"

He shook his head, "You blow me away sometimes. You make me so afraid," his grip tightened on yours, "I've never loved this hard before." He looks towards his window, but not necessarily looking, "fuck."

"Do you ever think about what would've happened if I hadn't left that night?"

Bucky jeered and then chuckled, "Do I ever think about that? I had our entire life planned. White picket fence and everything," he gave you another squeeze, "Of course I think about it."

"I'm sorry." He gazed at you in surprise. Your eyes were somber, "I'm sorry I left you. I'll never leave you again."

The coastline took you both for ten more miles until you pulled into the driveway of a beautiful home.

The path was long, and the gravel dragged underneath his wheels, rumbling about.

On either side were long lighting posts, black lamps with an orange glow immersing from the bulb. There must've been at least twenty of them on each side as it took you into a sharp right curve, continuing for a few more seconds until, with a turn, you were both directly into the view of the multi-million dollar summer home.

The home was beige, two chimneys on the black tarp of the roof covered its top.

It was three stories tall, by longer in width than height. Its landscape was a pleasant contrast to Manhattan.

Whereas in the city there were lights and noise and glass everywhere, here trees and little lanterns created a nice ambiance; one of peace and serenity.

You weren't either surprised he'd thought this was the best place to come and clear his mind for a bit. He approximated the driveway, stopping before the garage.