I keep dancing on my own

New York, New York

New York, New York

In contrast to the events that would occur, ironically, the weather today was gorgeous.

After you and Bucky said your respective goodbyes, you took a shower in the beautiful hotel room. The little extra shampoos, conditioners, and soap bars lined the front of the bathroom mirror that was starting to fog up from the heat of the water.

After grabbing one of the rolled towels and drying yourself, you changed into your most appropriate outfit to go meet Nat.

You felt enraptured by the thought of the activities of the day. Your head felt cold, your stomach greedy, but your core totally ardent.

You hadn't seen Nat in years and your nerves affected your stomach like crazy.

Too much had happened in one day for your mind to wrap your head around it in such a short period of time:

You and Bucky finally confessed your love to each other. Again.You and Bucky finally kissed again.You and Bucky had sex.Steve still thought you and him were a thing.Steve caught you and Bucky in your hotel room where you had sex.

It scared you to think what else would be in stock for you.

Aside from the happiness you felt in your heart, you couldn't deny the simultaneous doubt you felt.

As much as you truly wanted everything to work out between you and Bucky, you also cared about the people around you. You knew you wouldn't be able to sleep well until you and Steve were on good terms again, and it bothered your consciences what you were doin to your sister.

You wanted Bucky, if it meant losing the people around you, you were really willing to make the compromises in certain places.

Would you be willing to lose your blood sister over the love of your life?

You sighed deeply as your feet landed on the soft, white, and luxurious rug. You rang the water out of your heavy hair into the towel - twist and squeeze - and your eyes darted over to your phone which laid next to the sink.

You were awaiting Bucky's text, letting you know everything had gone okay with him and Steve.

The amount of time he left him out there in silence was treacherous.

After telling Steve that he would continue talking while Steve listened, he had gone silent.

Truth was, he was afraid.

Bucky was also silently suffering from the tension he had put on his friendship with his best friend.

At one point, he had almost given up and just turned and walked home.

He was moments away from losing all hope before he saw Steve's face as the door creaked open.

They share a stinging look and Steve had led him into his apartment, through to his living room.