I got time while she got freedom.

Three years later.

Williamsburg, Brooklyn NYCThe delicious smell of freshly brewed coffee, baked muffins, and pastries engulfed everyone's senses as they ate contently at their little tables scattered inside the little bakery, Brooklyn's Delights

The delicious smell of freshly brewed coffee, baked muffins, and pastries engulfed everyone's senses as they ate contently at their little tables scattered inside the little bakery, Brooklyn's Delights.

To everyone's dismay, the weather had turned snowy and a lot of the people that had been walking outside had run inside the little shop for temporary cover and warmth. While doing so, many settled for a warm snack as they took in the gorgeous display of goodies and the wonderful aroma. Each one paired with an equally warm drink as they warmed themselves up, collars pulled high, hats pulled low, and fingers tucked under long cotton sleeves.

The customers that were already inside the bakery stayed in their spot, looking out the window as the flurries turned into thicker drops of white flecks.

Darting an eye towards the entrance as it dinged once more, you ran behind the counter, shimmying your way between your friend Katie and Sammy. You never really grew as close to Sammy as you did to Katie over the years, but you two got along just fine.

The commotion around you grew louder as the snow got heavier. You thanked the heavens that your little apartment was only right down the street and that you wouldn't have to walk too much in this white shit the tourists call a wonderland.

You wiped your hand on your already dirty green apron that laid folded around your waist, with your other hand grabbing a mug, placing it under the nozzle of the hot chocolate machine. You then pulled the lever, the loud whirring sound of the machine mixing in the with the many voices inside the little bakery.

It was obvious it was getting more hectic than you could all handle, the line now doubling in size and zig-zagging around some of the tables.

"I need one caramel mocha latte," you threw over your shoulder to one of the girls. Next, you placed another mug on the station next to yours and poured some milk, "extra caramel."

"One caramel mocha latte coming up!" Sammy yelled over the sound of Katie's register closing and the hot chocolate machine, as she prepared her station and her ingredients.

"Extra caramel!" You shouted one more time.

Katie stood at the register yelling out different names and drinks and then charged the customers. It was obvious she was getting a bit overwhelmed at that she needed a hand.

Katie never really liked ringing people up, she was always best in the kitchen making the goodies that made Brooklyn's Delight what it was.

"Y/N, I got an additional order of three hot cocoas, mediums."

You sighed softly as you grabbed two cup caps from under the counter where you were working and put them on both of the drinks you had just finished preparing.