Chapter XVII: You Idiot

"Almost every sinful action ever committed can be traced back to a selfish motive. It is a trait we hate in other people but justify in ourselves." (Stephen Kendrick, The Love Dare)

"Oi--freak duo! Can you see anything?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon arriving at the Johzenji Headquarters, Nekoma and Karasuno split up into teams. Hinata and Kageyama rushed off to the nearest building they could find that gave them a good overview of the whole headquarter. Tanaka, Nishinoya, Kuroo, Yamamoto and Tsukishima headed inside while everyone else was stationed around the headquarters in order to make sure not a single member of Johzenji escapes. 

The smell of blood was overwhelming as Kuroo and the others made their way inside. Tsukishima's eyes widened at the sight of pure carnage in front of him. Bodies were littered around the floor--some dead and some barely breathing, crawling towards exits to try and make their escape. 

She did this all on her own? How the hell--

Tsukishima's thoughts were interrupted as Johzenji's surviving members appeared from the shadows--their eyes lit with anger. Even though there were few of them, the pure rage seeping out from their bodies could be felt throughout the whole room.

"Come at me you punks!!!" Tanaka yelled as he rushed towards the remaining enemies, Nishinoya and Yamamoto hot on his tail.

Tsukishima was held back as a firm hand on his shoulder stopped him. He turned around surprised to find Kuroo looking at him--his gaze filled with an intense mix of emotions.

"You're one of the few people I know who can keep up with Y/N. I hate to admit it, but when it comes to close combat, I'm nowhere near her level--but you are. And for some reason, I can tell that she has put her trust in you. I'll stay here and help these idiots. Go find Y/N and help her--please, I'm counting on you."

Tsukishima was taken aback by Kuroo's words. Before he could reply, Kuroo pushed him out of the way as a Johzenji member charged towards them. Sending a bullet through the man's head, Kuroo turned back and nodded once more at Tsukishima before running off to help the others. Tsukishima took the opportunity Kuroo had created to run past the fighting and make his way upstairs. Upon reaching the second floor, Tsukishima was met with the dead corpse of Hana Misaki--an arrow embedded straight through her skull.

Damn--she really is ruthless...

Before doting on the body any longer, Tsukishima made his way up to the third floor where he was met with a door--muffled voices could be heard from where he crouched stealthily outside of it.

"Oi--freak duo! Can you see anything?" Tsukishima whispered into the head piece as he made his way closer to the door. 

As Hinata shot at those trying to escape, Kageyama scanned through the windows--his heart nearly stopping at the sight he witnessed. Y/N was being slammed to the ground by Terushima and then was quickly pulled up, his gun resting against the side of her head.

"Don't move Glasses! If you enter now, Y/N is as good as dead."

"Oi Kageyama! What the hell do you mean?" Kuroo yelled as he sent a swift kick towards his attacker's head.

"Terushima has a gun to her head. If you enter now then--" Kageyama stopped mid sentence as his eyes widened in shock. Just like Oikawa had, Y/N was staring directly at him through the scope of his sniper--a small grin appearing on her face. 

"She knows I'm here--it's as if she's looking right at me."

"Take the shot! If she knows you're there then she definitely has a plan."