3. Something and Nothing

*So I feel like this isn't going as well as I hoped...there's only one person commenting and stuff but then again that's probably just me complaining too much. Well enjoy*

// Dean's POV

"Sammy! You here?" Dean called when he walked into the house. His younger brother was still in high school. It was around time he got home.

"In the kitchen!" Sam replied.

Dean walked into the kitchen where Sam was cutting up a cabbage.

"Got us some extra money."

Sam looked over at him and smiled. He knew Dean was always looking for extra money to help maintain them.

"How much was it this time?"

"$200."

Sam choked on his own air and turned to face him.

"What?! Really? Dean that's great!"

Dean smiled and set his guitar by a wall, followed by his bag and camera.

"I know! Think of all the pie we can get!"

Sam rolled his eyes and grabbed some tomato and other stuff he'd use to make a salad.

"I meant, we now have enough money to pay the last payment of the bills."

Dean chuckled and scratched the back of his neck.

"Well...that too." He smiled. "Anyways, Sammy I'm running out of things to take pictures of."

Sam put all his ingredients into a bowl and began mixing them.

"You'll find something soon. A girl maybe, even a man to take pictures of for the rest of your life." Sam joked.

Dean blushed at the comment and opened the fridge, looking for something to eat besides Sam's rabbit food. Sam knew Dean was bisexual-- even gay perhaps but Dean never actually showed interest in anyone. He was one night stand and a one night stand only.

"I really need some pie." He whined.

Sam tapped him on the shoulder and pointed to something on the other side of the counter.

"Bought you a burger on my way home."

Dean smiled widely and ran towards it like his life depended on it.

"You're the best brother in the world."

Sam smiled and sat down at the table with him, munching on his moose food.

+++++

// Castiel's POV

Castiel walked into his apartment, shutting the door closed as he did.

He didn't bother telling anyone he was home, he lived alone.

College dropout, living in an old apartment. His family had kicked him out long ago. It was his so called 'father', Metatron who kicked him out.

Castiel walked into the part of the apartment where he kept his paintings and hung up the painting of the guitar man on the wall along with his other paintings.

He barely had enough money to buy himself food and when he did he would use it on more canvases. That's why Castiel usually sketched, because he never had money.

He was sure the landlord would kick him out soon and he would have nowhere to go. He would have to live on the streets and probably have to sell his paintings for money.

It would probably all be easier if he had a job. Why didn't he have a job? Well, Castiel had this condition called laziness. Also the jobs he was interested in-- which involved anything with art-- never employed him.

Cas sighed and grabbed a random newspaper off the floor, hoping to find more job opportunities.

After hours of searching, Cas threw the papers aside and walked over to his bed, which was just a pile of blankets on his couch.

He laid there until he fell asleep, the toon of the guitar man playing in his head.

He honestly hoped his life changed.

*Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! And a part of me is saying "ugh this is horrible. Delete it now." But the other part is saying "if you've gotten this far, you can keep going" so I want to see how far I can go. See you next chapter

ComeAlongHolmes_ *