~8~

I'm finally back with a new update, I'm sorry for the delay, I was a bit busy, moreover, the target is not reached yet :/

Annika was numb as she got the news. She couldn't believe that her parents were no more. She was completely shattered.

"I wish mom and dad to be alive." She cried and there was an earthquake instead. "I want them to be alive!" She shouted with determination. A grey cloud was forming above the mansion and heavy rain was falling. This phenomenon was noticed by her witch family who appeared in the mansion.

"Mahi..." Mreenal came near her and held her shoulder. She moved away.

"Don't touch me!" She shouted. "Don't touch me! I was living a happy life with my parents, you came and he killed them. He killed them, he took my family away from me, I'm alone now. And this your fault!" She wrapped her arms around her legs and cried. Mreenal looked at her daughters as if pleading for help silently. The duo went to Annika and hugged her.

Mishti's whole body lit, engulfing the sisters in a halo. After the halo disappeared, Annika raised her head.

"What did you do?" Annika asked.

"I took your pain away." Mishti simply said. "I know that it hurts but it is necessary for me to numb your pain. Aamon is using your feelings against you and the child. You being sad or angry or any other strong negative feelings can alter your child's energy and it can harm him." Mishti explained.

"But I can't go on without my parents Di. They were everything for me. Why did he have to kill innocent souls like that?" Annika sobbed. Her pain was so deep that Mishti only numbed the pain, she didn't make it disappear, it was still squeezing her heart.

"I know that it hurts," Mona began. "But you can't let their death be useless. We need to destroy Aamon, we can't do this without you Mahi. I know we're asking too much from you in this complicated period of your life but if we don't do anything then the whole of humanity will be doomed!" Mona explained. Annika wiped her tears and nodded.

She looked around herself, her family was wearing white as per customs after someone's death. Her mother was looking down not daring to meet her daughter's eyes. Annika took a deep breath and the dark cloud above the mansion disappeared. She got up and sighed.

"Would you mind staying here for little while?" She asked, looking at her mother. Mreenal looked at her surprised before walking to her and kissing her forehead.

"We will stay with you for dinner Mahi. Go freshen up and come down afterward to eat your dinner. We will plan Aamon's end tomorrow." Mreenal said. As Annika left, Mreenal turned to Meera.

"Go back to our place and take some leaves so that I can make tea to calm her. She's acting strong but I know my daughter." Meera nodded and turned into an owl before flying away.

Manisha went to the kitchen to prepare the food while the rest of the clan performed a ritual to protect the house from Aamon's powers.

Annika came back downstairs with white clothes on. She has removed her makeup and let her hair fall around her red face. As soon as she came, Mreenal took her in her embrace.

"I shouldn't have told you such words mom, I'm sorry." She sniffed a little and Mreenal kissed her forehead.

"It's alright baby, I understand. I just hope that with time your pain will be bearable. Aamon will pay for having put you in this situation." Mreenal said.

After a while, Manisha called them for dinner was ready.

Annika was actually glad to have her witch family by her side. They sat together and Mreenal fed her when she noticed that her daughter wasn't eating. "You need to eat to be strong to fight Aamon," she had said and Annika just nodded. After dinner, her family got ready to leave after protecting the house with some spells.

"Please don't go." Annika sobbed. Maya walked to her and held her cheek. "I don't want to be alone." She continued. The clan exchanged a few glances. With her power of mind evasion, Mohini spoke with the family through their minds.

"I think we can still be safe by saying here with Annika. We cannot let her by herself." She told her family through their minds.

"Yes we shall stay, but mom and I will leave so that we can plan spells and potions for our fight against Aamon." Manisha mentally answered. The group nodded and as if directed by some unknown powers they all smiled reassuringly at Annika.

"We were silly to decide to leave you in this state. We'll stay with you but mom and Manisha will go back home to get everything ready for our fight. You go and get ready for bed, I'll prepare some tea for you and bring it to your room." Mreenal said and Annika nodded.

"It's not safe for maasi and nani to stay out there at night by themselves." Annika smiled a bit, closed her eyes and the mother-daughter duo disappeared. Mreenal smiled appreciatively on seeing that her daughter was now controlling her powers.

The witch clan settled for the night, knowing very well that what they were planning could either be a victorious war or a suicide plan.

Target: 20 votes, 15 comments