~1~

Annika has arrived home at 10.00 P.M... Her father, Gurmeet Pratap Chauhan was the one who opened the door to her.

"Annie?" He didn't get to say too much because she has hugged him and cried on his chest. "Doll.." He trailed off and managed to make her come inside even though she didn't let go of him. He let her cry as much as she wanted before he pulled her away from him and wiped away her tears.

"I cannot go back to him, please! Don't let him take me away!" She cried.

Her dad just stroke her back before kissing her forehead.

"Go to sleep Jaanu." He led her to her room that was left untouched since the day she left to her marital house. Annika laid on her bed after she removed her nuptial chain and wiped her forehead from the vermilion that made her a married woman. She didn't want to have anything to do with Shivaay and if he wanted her back then it would be over her dead body because she wouldn't go back to him willingly.

"If only you could feel what I feel! If only you could feel the pain that I feel maybe you would have not treated me the way that you did." Annika wished.

Shivaay who was sleeping next to one of his mistresses suddenly stood up clutching his heart. It ached terribly, he felt as if his heart was about to explode. He collapsed on his knees and felt tears filling his eyes. The ache was terrible he could feel as if someone was holding his heart, pressing tighter and tighter.

"Aah!" He let out a groan as the pain was becoming unbearable but no one came, his mistress seemed to be in a coma and his brothers sided with his 'wife' a long time ago. He tried to get up but failed and fell down miserably.

Annika couldn't get to sleep. She looked at the moon and smiled faintly. Her poor fate had put her in the clutches of that beast who was destroying her sanity and now she couldn't even sleep without thinking about him. She felt lame, useless. She couldn't even keep a relationship stable, but then she wasn't the one at fault. He was the one who didn't do any efforts. He spent his days at the office, his nights warming women's bed while she stayed all day long at home taking care of his family. She has spent more time with his brothers than him. Speaking of them she didn't even bid farewell to them. They were the only ones who made her two-year stay with him bearable.

" I shall sleep.." She whispered and closed her eyes. As soon as she did, a voice echoed in her head.

"Annika!" Annika opened her eyes and saw a person floating above her. She was about to shout but the floating person brought her finger to Annika's lips.

"There is no need to shout my dear. I am not here to hurt you, my little pumpkin!" The figure, a woman, said. Annika closed her eyes and wished for the woman to leave but it seemed like that woman fought in her mind with her.

"Don't use your powers on me!" On saying that, the woman made Annika go numb.

"My powers?" Annika asked.

"Yes your powers, you Mahi the VIth, you are the last witch of our dynasty. You carry the biggest powers seen in six generations. And I am your mother, your real mother, Mreenal. I've been watching over you since the day you were born, watching you grow up without being able to approach you, but now the time has come for you to discover your real family and your powers." The woman said and Annika opened her eyes like saucers.

"Me? A witch? Impossible!" Annika said and turned her head away expecting Mreenal to take the cue to leave.

"What can you say about what happened earlier, when your anger made the ground quake?" Mreenal insisted.

"You are mad, no human being can do that." Annika sat on her bed not scared of the woman who claimed to be her mother.

"You are not any human, you are very special."

"If I were that much special, I wouldn't have to go through Shivaay's torture." She lowered her head and Mreenal put a finger under her chin to raise her face up.

"And what if I told you that with your powers you could make this Shivaay pay for your pain?"

"I would tell you that you're mad!" Annika rolled her eyes.

"If you don't believe me, come to me tomorrow at midnight and I will introduce you to your powers and the rest of the family," Mreenal said. She was about to disappear but Annika held her hand.

"Why did you leave me?" She asked.

"I had to. An evil wizard is after your powers I made him believe that I killed you. I couldn't endanger your life as a child but now that your powers are activated since tonight, I have to protect you because soon or later, he will smell your strong essence." Mreenal revealed and in a blink of an eye, she disappeared.

"She didn't even tell me where to meet her..." Annika trailed off. She fell back on her bed and looked at the moon until she fell asleep.