~3~

"What's happening?" Annika asked feeling the more worried.

"Annika I fear that the wizard has already found you! His devil aura is still on you." Mreenal said with worry all over her face.

"But how can it be? I would have noticed if he had approached me.." Annika whispered.

"The problem with the wizard Aamon is that he can take many forms to reach his objective."

"And what is his objective?" Annika wondered.

"He believes that with his devilish aura and your powerful powers you can both create an invincible knight for the Devil." Annika opened her eyes with fears written in them.

"But why?" She asked.

"He wants the Devil to win upon the light," Mreenal said and took Annika's hands in hers.

"Your powers are the only ones that can destroy him or destroy the whole of humanity. You have the powers of making the non-existent existent, that's why when you wish something it happens. You can control the elements and you can also control people's minds. From what I've seen you've already used the wish power and the control of elements with last night's earthquake. But you need more exercise to control them all better." Mreenal said. "But first, you need to sit in this circle, I will perform a ritual to cleanse your body from Aamon's touch," Mreenal added. Annika stood in the middle of the circle that appeared out of nowhere and looked on as Mreenal performed the ritual. After they were done, Mreenal took her hand and they walked deeper into the cave.

"And where is my father?" Annika wondered.

"Your father? He has been with you since the day you were born. You just didn't know." Mreenal said leaving Annika shocked.

"You mean daddy cheated on mom with you," Annika stuttered.

"Don't be silly, witches cannot have children with normal humans. Your father is the moon, Annika. When you were born, Aamon attacked us. Your dad sacrificed his life for us and became a part of the moon. Every time you felt like the moon was following you, it was your dad watching over you." Mreenal said and stopped walking. They seemed to be in a kind of room, it was dark until a torch-lit itself followed by several others. Women were standing in a circle around Annika and her mother.

"Mahi VIth, meet your family. Your real family. This is your grandmother Maya, your cousins Mohini, Meera and Madhavi, your aunt Manisha, your eldest sisters, Mishti and Mona." Mreenal introduced the family to Annika who couldn't help but smile.

"I have siblings?" Annika said and the two women who were said to be her sisters went to her and hugged her.

"We missed you Mahi! Last time we saw you, you were very very very small, like this!" Mona said and an image of Annika as a baby appeared as if projected by her palms.

"Wait let me share some souvenirs with you!" Mohini said and held her temple. Suddenly Annika felt as if someone was getting in her head. Suddenly she could see some images of her with her mother as she was a newborn through what she believed was Mohini's eyes. After Mohini ended the mind connection with her, Annika was happier than she has ever been.

"It's so good to be back home." She said happily. She went to her grandmother who still hadn't said a word and hugged her. "Won't you say something, Nani?" Maya took Annika's hands in hers as some tears made their way in her eyes. Mreenal and Manisha went to the duo and held their mother by the shoulders.

"Mahi, mom is a bit weak nowadays, don't be offended by her silence." Manisha smiled.

"Now we shall not waste time. Mahi we need to make you ready to fight against Aamon." Madhavi intervened and the youngsters took Annika away.

As they were alone Mreenal knelt before her mother.

"What did you see now mom?"

"My vision has not changed Mreenal. I saw Mahi die in the hands of a blue-eyed man." Maya left out a sob. She was able to see the future and her visions were unlikely to be changed.

"Was he Aamon?" Manisha asked. Maya nodded slowly.

"I felt his negative aura in my visions. From what I've seen, Mahi will not survive until the next full moon."

"We need to make her ready faster, the next full moon is in three weeks," Mreenal concluded and she made her way outside followed by her sister. What she saw warmed her heart, Mishti and Mona were encouraging Annika to ignite a ball of fire in her hand.

Now that she had found her daughter, Mreenal was ready to fight against destiny to protect her. She closed her eyes and projected her image at the top of a mountain. She looked at the moon where her husband had found peace.

"Please Madhav, help me protect our angel. She is the purest of us all... she doesn't deserve to die in the hand of the devil!"