~2~

sorry for the delay in updating, I had an issue with the network, here you go xD

Annika woke up with a headache and with bags under her eyes. She went to her en-suite bathroom and freshened up, changing the ordinary clothes she was used to wearing in his house for the royal clothes she grew up wearing. He never bought her anything and her whole life remained in her parents' home. She looked at her reflection, thinking about her encounter with Mreenal. She didn't know what to think of this encounter and she needed to make out a decision before midnight.

She left her room and met with her parents. Her father had already told her mother about her coming back to their house. So she wasn't surprised when she saw her daughter getting down the stairs.

"Darling, how are you?" Her mother, Payal asked. Annika came to her and hugged her as fresh tears made their way in her eyes.

"My life was better off with you mom and dad, I don't know why dada had to make this stupid promise of getting me married to his friend's grandson." Annika sobbed.

"But this is how marital life is beta, with ups and downs." Payal tried to console her.

"Ups and downs do not consist of him giving my marital rights to his numerous mistresses, ups and downs do not consist of me being beaten and treated like shit. If these are ups and downs, then I would be better as a single woman." Annika wept. She was truly done with all the shit he put her through.

"But it was Dadaji's wish..." Gurmeet trailed off.

"I never went against your decisions. Every decision you made for me I accepted them because I know that you always wish the best for me but as of today, I will go against you if you wish me to go back to that beast. Shivaay is not good for me. He'll never be the best for me." Annika said and Gurmeet squeezed her shoulder lightly as she was still crying against her mother's breasts.

"We wouldn't be good parents if we forced you to go back to him after all he put you through. Don't worry, you'll never get to go back there." Payal said but as soon as she said that, it looked as though Annika's luck was against her as there was a knock at the door. Gurmeet went to open the door and was shocked to find none other but Shivaay standing there in his arrogant pose. As soon as he saw him, Gurmeet grabbed his collar and shook him like an apple tree until Shivaay grabbed his hands and pushed him off of him.

"Where are your manners?" Shivaay asked. "I forbid you to touch me again like this!" He roared raising his fingers at Gurmeet.

"My manners? Did you look at you in the mirror? How can you come back here after what you put my daughter through?" Gurmeet answered.

"You asked for this. I never wanted to marry her. You insisted in the name of a damn promise. Now she has to pay the consequences. The rules were clear. Annika will be able to leave only after she gives me an heir." Shivaay said and Annika looked at him aghast. She didn't know about this rule and she had kept taking her pills each time they did their marital duties because he felt like it. She never wanted to have children, too scared to let the fruit of her womb grow up with a beast like him.

"I don't care what this rule consists of. And I swear to God if you dare to lay one of your filthy fingers on my dad again I will-" Annika didn't manage to continue as he pounced on her and started to choke her.

"You'll do what huh? You are such a small thing! I can destroy you and your family like that!" He snapped his fingers in front of her face and Annika tried to remove his hand from her neck with her father trying to push Shivaay away from her while her mother cried while looking at the scene powerless. Annika wished with all her might that he would remove his grip from her and suddenly she felt as if her palms were burning and all of sudden, Shivaay removed his hand as if he has been burnt with Annika brushing her palms together. She looked at his hand and noticed her handprint on him while her hands were slowly cooling down.

"It's not over Annika! I will get my heir with or without your consent!" Shivaay said and stormed out of there. As soon as he left, Annika went to her dad and stroke his cheek.

"Are you okay daddy," She said kissing the palm that Shivaay gripped. Payal walked to them and hugged them both.

"I'm really sorry for what I put you through. How can I sleep well now knowing that I put you in that devil's house?" Gurmeet wondered.

"It's not your fault daddy, you couldn't have known beforehand," Annika said. "But it's alright, you don't need to intervene, Shivaay is my problem now and I will make him regret of ever thinking of threatening you," Annika said.

At night, she prepared herself to go to see Mreenal but she didn't know where to find her so she wasn't really sure if it was sure for her to roam around in the city. But then she remembered what happened earlier and thought for a moment.

"If I really have these powers, it may work," Annika said out loud. She closed her eyes and concentrated. "I wish to go to..." she paused in the middle of her wish. "If ever I only say Mreenal, it may take me to someone else.." She thought. "I wish to go where my mother Mreenal is," Annika said with all her might then she slowly opened her eyes. She found herself in a cave, there was no one.

"You really proved that you are indeed my little Mahi. It was a good attempt to find me. Congrats, you succeed in your first exercise, finding me with no details of my whereabouts." Mreenal smiled at her and took her in an embrace. As she separated from her, Mreenal frowned.

"What's happening?" Annika asked.

"I feel that you're my daughter but there is a negative aura surrounding you... that's not normal!" Mreenal held Annika's arms and closed her eyes as if she was praying.

"Oh, no.." She whispered.