~6~

"The baby may be your husband's Jaan." Mreenal said, giving Annika some hope.

"How come? You said that a witch cannot have a child with a human and Shivaay had been a bad person for as long as I remember." Annika said.

"I may have told you some lie. It is not impossible for you to have children. It's just that when you have sex with a human you weaken his energy. And I cannot feel the negative aura on you. It can only mean that your baby is Shivaay's offspring and not Aamon's." Mreenal told stroking Annika's cheek.

"Is there a way for us to be sure of this?" Annika wondered. She didn't want to be too much attached to the baby and then get to know that she had to kill him.

"If you were having Aamon's child you wouldn't have been able to come back here. This place is protected with the ashes of many witches who before you had to fight wizards like Aamon. Some of them died while fighting, others weakened him enough for him to go silent until he has a better opportunity to come back. These aches act as a circle of protection against Aamon. If you had his offspring in you, this protection would have killed you." Mreenal said.

"Why didn't it kill me when I came here yesterday with his print on my body?"

"Having his aura and his baby are two different things Mahi. You only had his aura on you, today it would have been his blood. Thankfully you're pregnant with the human Shivaay."

"Speaking about Shivaay we need to free him, it may be my fault if he's now in Aamon's clutches."

"Don't say stuff like this hun, it's not your fault."

"I may have weakened his energy every time we had sex. I need to save him, I won't be able to live peacefully until I get rid of Aamon." Annika said with a hint of determination in her voice.

"Honey do you have a picture of Shivaay?" Mreenal suddenly asked. Annika moved her head from side to side.

"Maybe Mohini can read my mind and see him," Annika suggested.

"Of course I can do that." Mohini appeared out of nowhere, scaring the shit out of Annika. "Sorry for scaring you, can't help it, it's funny to do that!" Mohini chuckled before getting in Annika's mind. She smiled a little bit while Annika's cheeks reddened. The first memory of Shivaay that came to her was one of their moments of passion. But she concentrated and gave to Mohini a more decent image of Shivaay.

"It's all right." Mohini smiled. She left Annika's mind and called Mona who also appeared out of nowhere. "We need to create a mental connection so that you can project the image of Annika's husband," Mohini explained to Mona who nodded. She raised her palms in front of herself and as they made the mental connection, the image of Shivaay appeared in Mona's palms.

"The others need to see this," Mreenal said. By others, she meant her mother Maya but she didn't want to worry her girls yet. However, she forgot that Annika could also read minds and she heard her mother's thoughts even though she didn't say a word about it. Mreenal said a spell and all the family members appeared.

As soon as Maya saw the man, she felt as if her insides were churning.

"It's Aamon..." She whispered and Annika turned to her.

"Are you sure Nani?" She asked and Maya closed her eyes as if to say yes.

"I saw him in my vision... When he killed you." Maya revealed leaving Annika and her sisters shocked.

"You saw this man killing Mahi and you said nothing... How could you? That man is her freaking husband!" Madhavi said. She had seen him the day before in front of Annika's gate and she had done some searches on him.

"My ex-husband, Madhavi, he's my ex-husband." Annika said and tried to hold onto something as the revelations were just too much for her. Mishti saw her and immediately held her.

"And you want me to fight against him now? How can I do that? How can I fight against the father of my child? He is innocent in all of this, he didn't ask for Aamon to possess his body. Moreover, I won't even survive this fight so what is the point in fighting? Tell me what is the point? I can disappear and just never show my face to him. Tell me how he'll manage to have his knight if I'm not here?" Annika sobbed while she was standing in between her sisters' arms who held her to show her support.

"You're already pregnant with Aamon?" Maya gasped.

"No mom, it's not Aamon's. The baby is Shivaay's. I don't know how but I think when they have intercourse Mahi is able to weaken Aamon enough that Shivaay can overpower him. The seeds in her womb are half-human half-witch. I felt nothing maleficent when I checked for bad energy. Moreover she wouldn't have been able to enter this place if she had Aamon's child in her." Mreenal and Manisha went to the lost woman and held her shoulders.

"You shall never doubt your powers Mahi. It is these same powers that allow Shivaay to overpower Aamon from time to time. I don't know what type of relationship both of you had but I guess your connection with him is enough to keep him alive and make him strong against Aamon. Regarding Aamon, you cannot run away from him because he will always find you, he can feel your strong powers." Manisha explained.

"Why didn't he feel them before?" Annika wondered while sobbing.

"He didn't because you weren't using them. You could have spent a lifetime with Aamon, you could have had children and realize too late that you gave birth to the devil's children but hopefully, it didn't happen. You used them on time and got away from him on time to be ready to fight him. Mom had seen you being killed by him but her visions can change, no one can really say that something will happen, not even mom. You forge your own destiny and I'm sure that with enough work we will get out of this as winners." Mreenal said kissing the forehead of her daughter.

"Thank you mom." Annika said, kissing her mother's cheek.