3- Cold Scott

Scott:

I made my way drudgingly down the stairs, to the main hall. I had heard Wolverine’s deep voice from upstairs, and I knew that she had arrived. I decided that powerful or not, I was not going to go easy on this kid. Despite myself, I hoped that, if I was cold enough, that kid will get the hint and go on learning to survive life like the rest of us did.

By ourselves.

The Professor’s words came echoing back, though, so I knew that my plan was a no-go.

From the top landing, I peered downstairs. A girl with shoulder-length hair was holding on to Wolverine’s arm, like they were some couple from the Austen era. I scoffed to myself. She had on a white t-shirt, and had a thin cardigan slung across her shoulders, (again, another scoff. I wondered why she hadn’t died of cold on the way. That could have certainly simplified matters) jeans that, despite my lack of fashion-knowledge, I decided subtly hinted of designer origins, and a pair of sneakers. Wolverine was pointing towards some artifact or another in the hall, and their backs were towards me. The girl was chuckling appreciatively. From behind, and from what I could hear of their conversation, Alexandria seemed perfectly normal. Not someone you would expect to burst into flames or whatever.

I cleared my throat, loudly, this time. Both of them turned to face me, although I purposely kept my eyes on the curved staircase I was descending.

“Ah, Scott. About time.”

Perhaps I should mention that Wolverine and I had never been the best of friends. We tolerated each other, and could work together well enough, but we never missed the opportunity to snub each other.

Reaching the bottom stair, I kept my gaze held on Wolverine.

“Yes, well, thank you for baby sitting, Wolverine. Pardon the delay, please. Unlike some people, I do not have the benefit of chaperoning students around. I have real duties to care for,” I said carelessly.

Wolverine glared at me.

“Here’s your charge, Scott. Don’t forget, from this moment on, you’re in charge of her; every single moment, every single minute, until she finishes her training… In fact, do you want me to get you some supplies, Cyclops?" he sneered. "'Coz, you know, I doubt you will be leaving the school anytime soon...”

And wearing a stupid, self satisfied smug, he kissed Alexandria’s hand, with his eyes still on me, and sauntered off. I cursed loudly.