34- Normal

Scott:

It was chaos. Complete, utter chaos, I thought to myself, my heart beating erratically as I surveyed the scene. 'Alex' was no longer there, and I dreaded to think about where she had went.

I had absolutely no doubt that this wasn't my Alex's work. No way, not ever. Not even in her darkest of moods could she do something like this.

The door of the room was splintered, windows were broken. Here and there, several mutants lay around, bloodied, but nobody was knocking on heaven's door. Yet, I thought to myself, my blood turning cold. For I knew why the imposter had chosen to come to the Training Room first, the moment I left her. She must have known Alex's abilities; of how she could pick up powers just by observing others. Thing is, the real Alex had not had the opportunity to observe many mutants, having had almost no contact with them; her powers, great though they may be, had not been exercised fully.

But now, the imposter walking around had mastered an entire room full of mutant's powers. And I had no doubt who the imposter was.

Mystique.

The flash of blue Alex had seen, the taking over of Alex's and Siryn's appearances and abilities, the knowledge of Wolverine's real name...

Which was why I shuddered to think of what was going to happen now. Mystique-Alex was no longer to be seen, but what if she was hiding amongst us? Paranoid, I scanned the mutants' faces, looking for a give-away; the absence of a grimace, the flash of amusement.

But there was none. Everywhere I looked, I only saw pain and betrayal, etched on the mutants' faces. Kitty was crying, her hand bleeding profusely, being tended to by Jubilee. The Stepford Cuckoos were huddled together, silent. Jean was running everywhere, a blur of red as she tended to the injured kids. The other mutants, though, ones that weren't badly injured, were huddled in a corner, talking urgently. I saw a head of black and platinum hair; Rogue, huddling with Bobby and Pyro. Rogue caught my eye, her face a mask of sadness and shock. She nodded her head towards me, but I didn't acknowledge it, for my eyes had fallen on the needles each of them were carrying.

No way, I thought, my mouth turning dry.

Before I could say anything, thought, they had split up and disappeared from the room, determination etched on their faces.

They were going to hunt her! I realized. But... No! What if they stumbled upon the real Alex? What if they thought...

"IT WASN'T ALEX!!!" I screamed out, panic ringing in every syllable. But no one heard it. The room was too noisy, and the ones who needed to get the message had left.

I needed to find Alex! The real Alex! Get her out of this building until the mess was sorted out!

I fled from the room, and ran back to the study room. The place I had, stupidly, left Alex.

It was empty. No surprise there, though. Undeterred, I turned over the sofas, checked underneath the tables, just in case Alex was being held captive there.