Chapter 26 - False Hope

So this is a summery of the last chapter in case you don't like Ever After High. Hawk had a fight with his granny, and made a portal to another realm. His friends followed him and together they found another Cinderella and brought her and her friends back to regal academy with them. (Ashlyn is the Cinderella)

Fala's POV
Me and the girls were talking in the kitchen while waiting for breakfast "so who owns this castle since it isn't a family castle" Ashlyn asked. "It's Hawk's and Rose's" Joy replied smiling. "Mind telling us the whole story" Raven asked. I am sure they were all confused when Hawk said she wasn't his girlfriend yet they own a castle together.

"Ok so everything was normal Hawk and Rose liked each other, 2 years passed Hawk started dating Rose's enemy even though they were best friends. They stopped being friends. Vicky put a sleeping spell on Hawk Rose woke him up, even though she didn't want to. Granny forces them to get married and neither of them were happy. On their wedding day Vicky attacked they easily beat her, but then Hawk's crazy ex started a full blown war and Rose used a powerful spell and got weak and then she killed her kind of" I explained and all our new friends stared at me confused.

They were in shock so me LingLing, Joy and Astoria carried on chatting. "Hawk gone missing" Travis shouted entering the kitchen. "Explain" LingLing said calmly "we woke up and he was gone" Issac explained. "I'm sure he is fine he probably went to visit Rose, let me check" I said reassuringly. I walked up to a mirror which was randomly placed in the middle of the room. "Mirror magic" I casted but nothing happened. "Mirror magic" I said louder, a lock sign appeared on Mirror "Hawk said I should tell you to stop stalking him, it creepy" a voice said before I started arguing with it.

"Tell me where Hawk is" I shouted "no" the mirror replied "where is he" I said one more time, ok if he doesn't answer now I will give up. Surprisingly it wasn't the mirror who answered "I'm here" Hawk said casually as we all turned around to glare at him.

"Where were you" I asked angrily "relax sis I just went to Cinderella castle" he replied casually like he didn't do any thing wrong. "And you didn't think to tell us" Astoria asked. Hawk rolled his eyes and went on with his day.

Hawk's POV
Astoria and Fala went to get Cinderella and Clara. I invited Shawn and Esquire over, then I remembered I never gave Ashlyn a wand. I walked up to her "Hey I got you a wand" I said handing her Rose's wand. "Where did you get it" she asked playing around with it. "It's Rose's" I said smiling sadly. "I couldn't possibly use it" she exclaimed handing it back to me, "it's fine she stopped using it anyway she normally only uses magic from her hands" I replied pushing the wand back towards her.

"You sure" she asked and I nodded reassuringly. I went back to my room and lay on my bed simply staring at the ceiling. Well today is the day I either get Rose back or loose her forever. We are supposed to meet at Cinderella castle in an hour, and we agreed that if the spell didn't work her official funeral will be the next day.

Time skip an hour later

LingLing's POV
All of us rode our dragons to Cinderella castle, poppy rode with me Raven rode with Joy, Holly rode with Astoria, Apple rode with Hawk, Briar rode with Fala, Roseabella rode with Travis and Ashlyn rode the Cinderella family dragon and the rest rode their own dragons.

When we got there everyone was silent we didn't want to give ourselves false hope, but at the same time we wanted to believe that she wasn't gone. We all stayed silent as all of us crowded in Rose's room, our friends from ever after high looked shocked they had never seen her in person before.

They all admired her beauty and stared at her. She was still wearing the battle outfit from about a month ago, the blood stain on the side of her stomach still visible from where she had been stabbed. No one spoke even though there were about 17 people on the room. The tension was strong and every time someone opened their mouth to talk, they would close it in fear of saying something irrelevant or offensive.

"Are you gonna do the spell or not" Mirror Rose asked breaking the tension in the room. She then walked out of the mirror and stood next to Ashlyn, Cinderella and Clara. All of them pointed their wands at Rose, and then read the spell that Hawk got from the cave.

Hawk's POV
The spell was working, Rose's eyes fluttered open. She sat up and smiled, it was the best moment of my life she was awake. Everyone was happy. It was really weird she didn't say a word she just sat in her bed, not moving.

Something was wrong, everyone looked at Rose worried. Then she fell back into her bed like she never got up. "This was our last chance to wake her up, her funeral is tomorrow " Cinderella said with no emotion then she left the room. Everyone's happiness and hope replaced by sadness and disappear.

"We should probably get back to our realm now" Apple said smiling sadly, "you guys should stay for the funeral" Astoria said smiling but it was clearly a fake smile. Mirror Rose went back into the mirror and all our friends went back to Snowrella castle.

I was the only one left in the room, I looked down at Rose who was sleeping peacefully. I felt guilty and upset. The only words that came out of my mouth were "I'm sorry I failed you". All night I stared at her knowing it was the last time I would see her before the Funeral.

Hey guys sorry for the late update I was meant to update yesterday but my internet was really bad, I have you enjoyed the chapter. Comment any improvements or questions. Next chapter is coming the day after tomorrow. 1005 words
Bye