47

Audrey

I barely slept last night even though this bed was so comfortable. I like this bed more than I did the bed we shared back in California. Harry is gonna need to get us another bed once we get back to California.

I spent most of the night wondering what his family was going to be like. Harry always talked so highly about his mother and sister, so I always assumed they would be lovely. I worried that they wouldn't like me.

I've always been told that I'm not a 'bring you home to mom' kind of girl. I've never understood why. I feel like I'm very respectful especially to someone's parents. Well, I guess when you're only using a girl for her body then you wouldn't want to bring her home to mom.

Harry was wrapped up in the blankets while he slept peacefully beside me. I pressed his lips against his shoulder before I started to pull myself out of the bed. I needed a shower. I needed to relax.

I turned on the water before I did anything else, so it would have plenty of time to warm up. I slowly peeled Harry's shirt off my body, creating a puddle of my clothes at my feet. I tried to avoid looking at myself in the mirror. I didn't need to feel any more insecure than I already did.

Standing under the warm water allowed my muscles to relax. I knew that I needed to calm down. My anxiety was running high today. My stomach has been turning itself in knots ever since Harry asked me to meet his family.

It's common knowledge if a couple is getting serious then they meet the parents, but I didn't know how nerve-wracking it was. What the hell was I supposed to wear? Is there a dress code for these things? Would jeans be too casual? Would a dress be too much?

Why do I have to be like this?

The shower door closed, pulling all the attention to the sound. I looked over my shoulder to see Harry. He snaked his arms around my waist, holding my bare body close to his. He hummed a 'good morning' in between the soft kisses he left across my shoulder.

"Are you okay, my sweet girl?"

I hummed, "Just nervous."

"I know it's not going to make all the anxiety go away, but they are going to love you. You're a loveable person and I've known that since the very first time we ever hung out. You have a magnetic personality." I smiled as I melted into his chest, "You're going to do just fine." All I could do was nod.

I know that he was trying to help and I appreciated him for that. I know that I won't stop worrying about this. I'm gonna worry the whole way there, the entire time we are with them, and I'll probably worry for days after.

"What's going on inside that mind of yours?"

"I'm wondering what I should wear." He shook his head as he rested his head on my shoulder.

Harry could tease me all he wanted. Not everyone could be as charismatic as he was, some of us actually have to try.

"We'll worry about that once we get done showering."

Something that I've noticed about Harry is that anytime one of us is worried, angry, or upset in any way then he says 'we.' He refers to us as a group. Maybe it's so the other doesn't feel so alone, so they know they have someone in their corner. I don't know the reason behind it, but I loved hearing it. It makes me feel like his other half.

Harry grabbed the soap from the shelf and started to wash my body. He was always so gentle with me whenever we showered. He always took his time which I adored.

**

I was doing okay until we pulled into the driveway. I started sweating like a sinner in church. The palms of my hands were so sweaty that I avoided holding Harry's hand. I kept rubbing my hands along the sides of my skirt to remove the sweat.