29

Audrey

I have been staying at Harry's a lot more recently. I come home long enough to get more clothes and say hello to my mom once she gets off work then I leave again. My mom has started to joke about how it was time for us to move in together. I mean, we probably should considering how often we stay together but I'm not going to be the one that initiates that.

"That bag is a little bit bigger than an overnight bag." My mom joked as she walked into my room. I watched her as she walked over to my bed and got comfortable, "Is there anything that I've missed?" She asked.

"I'm going to Cancun for a couple of weeks." Her eyes grew wide. I had never traveled out of California let alone out of the country.

Her face still held a very shocked expression, but she managed to push out a question, "Who are you going with?" I just looked at her because she already knew the answer, "I guess that makes me feel a little bit better." I could hear all the worry in her voice.

"I'm going to be okay." I reassured her, "Harry has a couple of bodyguards going with us and his friends are going." She furrowed her brows. "We aren't going on vacation, Harry is filming a music video down there."

"So you'll be gone for two weeks?" I hummed as I placed folded clothes into my suitcase, "When you get back, can you stay a couple of nights here?" I felt a slight sting in my heart.

In all my twenty-four years of living, my mother had never been alone. Kai and I always stayed over at my house, so almost always had two kids running around at all times. I have never been this independent, and I feel so selfish for not even realizing how much this much hurt her.

"Mom, I don't have to go to Cancun if you don't want me to," I said as I walked over to the bed.

She shook her head, "No, I want you to go." She said. "I'm actually really glad to see you out doing stuff all the time. I knew that eventually, you'd find someone, but I didn't expect it to happen this quick. I just miss you." I wanted to cry, but I knew that I couldn't.

"I promise that whenever I get back then I'll stay home a couple of nights," I said as she smiled. "We can watch movies and order takeout," I reassured her while I zipped up my suitcase.

I could see that she was still hurting just a little. I imagine that it's got to be hard to see the daughter you raised becoming independent, and ready to fly out of the nest.

"I better get going, I have to meet Harry at LAX." She nodded while she pulled herself off my bed, "Do you think you could drive me?" I asked. I wanted this to be a moment for us to catch up.

"I'll go get my keys." She instantly perked up. I smiled as I followed behind her to the car, "Do you want to get a coffee before?" I hummed while we walked the car.

**

The twelve-hour flight killed me. I was barely awake whenever I walked off the plane. I used Harry as a pillow 98% of that flight and the other 2% was when I was nice enough to let him use me as a pillow.

I looked down at my phone, 1:48 pm. Harry intertwined our fingers while he pulled me through the airport. I could tell he was in a hurry before we were spotted by someone. Harry kept a hat pulled down on his sunglasses as he tried to hide himself the best he could.

He grabbed our suitcases and motioned for me to follow him. He wasn't saying much but I knew he was anxious. He made sure I stayed close to him while we pushed through the people.

Harry let out a sigh of relief once we were in the van, "We're good now."

Harry and I crawled into the main back, then everyone else piled in after us. I laid my back against Harry while he wrapped his arm around me. He left soft kisses on the side of my head while we drove to our destination.