♔1.22

timeskip: 1 year later

KIM JI-EUN's POV

"where is lee haechan's room?"

"he's in room 127 ma'am." the hospital receptionist said and i looked at her and saw a very beautiful young lady. her beauty was very mesmerizing. and so, i looked at her name tag and gave her a small smile.

"thank you, yuna." i said, before making my way to haechan's room, room 127.  hurrying to the stairs since the elevator was taking too long. 

my emotions weren't clear, i was surprised, i was scared, i was devastated, this is the second time it had happened and i didn't know how to feel.

i couldn't bring myself to cry because the first thing i wanted to know was if he was still breathing, i wanted if he was still in this world with me.

once i reached the door to his room, i was out of breath because of my nonstop running. before taking a breather, i knocked and i was greeted by taeyong who seemed kind of surprised.

"he's in the operating room. everything's alright, don't worry." taeyong said as he patted my back, giving me a reassuring smile.

"hey ji-eun, can i talk to you?" jaemin approached me with his head down. is there some bad news? why did his statement make me scared. curiosity and worry filled my mind as i nodded to his question.

he then lead me to the hospital's garden and when i took sight of the things in front of me, i gasped very loudly and that made jaemin chuckle.

in front of me, there were four contractions. the first one was a school desk and my purse, how and did it get there? the second was a chair with chains on top of it, the same chains that i was tied with when i was kidnapped. the third one was the sofa bed and popcorn maker haechan's first date and i had. and the last one was a large version of the same handkerchief i had, the one that i gave to haechan when we first met.

"huh? what is thi-.."

i turned around to see that jaemin was no longer with me. my mind was filled with questions right now, i was both worried and confused because haechan was supposedly in the operating room and this commotion happening right now.

i then began walking towards the contraction, analyzing every part of it and detail. i don't know if they were the same things or were they duplicates but i was amazed by the efforts.

first, i walked to the table. smiling widely as i remembered the moment..

"what are you doing here?" he said, coldly. i should be the one asking him that.

"i was just getting my purse because this is my homeroom classroom, what's weird is some random guy dozing off here." i spoke while showing him the wallet that i previously retrieved.