♔1.7

KIM JI-EUN's POV

KIM JI-EUN's POV

how the hell?

my eyes widened from shock, how did he know? does he read the newspapers? 

i stared at his eyes deeply. never realizing that he's been staring at me too.

while staring at each other, my ankle begin to twitch causing pain and that made us break the eye contact. i fell down and got lost from his grip.

holding my ankle that was severely in pain, haechan knelt down to check up on me, our faces inches apart. i looked up and another eye contact was formed. i stared into his eyes now full of worry. i suddenly kept myself from my thoughts and once again broke the eye contact.

he's very..moody, i guess. that'd be my second impression since my first impression of him was being intimidating. 

i then stood up and gasped in shock, running outside the classroom to the school's entrance, the ice cream hangout. once, i made it out, i saw them at the school's entrance.

"there you are, we've been looking everywhere for you, you were nowhere to be found!" umji exclaimed and i was breathy, i never really liked running.

"oh, i've had some difficulties in finding my purse, but nonetheless, i found it." i said then chuckled.

"okay, although i already bought you your ice cream, good thing it's not yet melting."

timeskip

i'm now sitting on my personal desk, doing my homework. i never thought that school would be much of a hassle. i thought that school is all about dancing and singing and i don't even know where i got that idea from. probably one of those movies umji told me about since i wasn't really allowed to watch films without my parents' approval.

i'm eighteen for goodness sake.

after i've done all my homework, as i was about to lay on my bed a knock was heard, umji entering the door immediately.

"their royal majesties have asked for your presence." i nodded and stood up to go to my parents' room. i was already wearing a white night gown since i was about to go to bed.

on my way to my parents' room i stared at the paintings on the wall. seeing my face on it makes me chuckle. that's when we're a family, in paintings. we look so happy there, well we looked like at least.

once i've arrived, i knocked on their door gently. and the palace's maidens opened the door for me. quite fancy, i think.

"your majesties? you asked for me?" i asked, bowing to them before making my way to their throne.

"ah yes, ji-eun.. we were discussing about the marriage and we've decided that you'll be getting married in 4 months" i stared at them, surprised. knowing that i still had school for 10 months and i'm getting married before i graduate which means, after getting married i can't go to school anymore as i will be queen.

"but mother, we already had an agreement to begin with, we had our own deal, mother, father."

"yes, but since soobin is your soulmate, you don't need to go through all of those conditions."

"you didn't even ask about what i feel. this is unfair to me, this whole marriage thing benefits the both of you, not me."

"it benefits our people, ji-eun. now, if you want to be a reliable queen to our people, you should take this sacrifice."

"but i never wanted to be a queen, i never wanted to be a princess."

"but that's what you got, didn't you? now, start being grateful for what you have, ji-eun."

"i am grateful but-"

"no buts, i don't want to hear any more of your excuses."

"okay, your Majesty." i said weakly. i could feel my eyes getting watery and got out of their room before i completely break out in front of them. walking to my room, i was overwhelmed with tears that it weakened me physically and mentally. i laid back down on my bed and tried to calm myself. 'maybe it's for the better.' i thought..

this was my favorite of the evening, going to bed. i was about to sleep and that's when i feel peaceful without the disturbance of my parents nor guards, anyone, just myself. but then i couldn't get this thing off my head, my parents breaking my trust rather.

my head was already pounding from all the tears that i've wasted and i felt this pain in my right arm. it was then bleeding, a lot, a hole was punctured, it was like i've been shot. going to my quarters, i screamed and rang the bell before the last thing i saw before fainting was haechan.

===

i gasped for air and i sat up straightly, once i opened my eyes, i was once again lying on my bed. was it all a dream? i looked around and i saw umji there, preparing some tea for me.

"what happened, ji-eun? you were suddenly ringing the bell and when we got there you already blacked out, all bloody." she asked with a very worried look, why was i even bloody to begin with?

"i don't know.. my ankle was suddenly twitching and I suddenly felt a pain on my shoulder." umji gasped and it seems like she knows what's happening.

"i think it's your soulmate" umji said and it did make sense, for a while. if soobin is my soulmate and if soobin is a prince, why would he bloody at a questionable time.

timeskip.

it's already lunch time and umji and i are sitting with the dreamies, jaemin and chenle has been dragging us since our first day here and it's surprising that we were accepted by everyone. well, almost everyone.

i saw haechan walking towards our table and stared at each other. once i noticed that we were staring at each other already i moved my gaze to jaemin who was feeding jisung some skittles for some reason, remembering the death threats.

"haechan, my man!" mark said while him and haechan did their not-so-secret handshake.

after doing their handshake, umji and i noticed haechan grip on his shoulders with pain. soon, i felt my ankle twitching in pain.

while my ankle was in pain, the others and i noticed that haechan's wrist and he was occasionally grunting in pain but his hand was shaking.

and soon, haechan's wrist was marked with a moon.

"hey." umji exclaimed, nudging me with her elbow as she whisper-talked.

"why?" i asked and she pulled me closer, whispering to my ear.

"don't you think that haechan's your soulmate?"

"i'm not sure, my mother said that my soulmate is soobin but i'm not sure about soobin either."

"interesting.."

Sorry for making this cringey book in the first place : ( I hope y'all are happy with your lives

Sorry for making this cringey book in the first place : ( I hope y'all are happy with your lives. School is starting soon so I may or may not be able to update this book. Thank you for

i changed a lot of dialogues since they were cringey lololol