♔1.5

KIM JI-EUN's POV

KIM JI-EUN's POV

"sweetie? are you awake?" my mother asked as she allowed herself to enter my room, umji automatically leaving, giving us privacy.

"yes, your Majesty, why?" 

"how do you feel? do you feel fine?" she asked while she caressed my hair. it felt nice but i just can't help but to think about the arranged marriage thing once again.

you see, while we were having dinner with the kangs, i can't help but think about the marriage thing. was it necessary? what is the point of the whole thing? can't they let me live and love, after all they've never given me love when i was growing up.

"i'm fine, your majesty. i'm excellent, actually." i said, trying not to maintain eye contact with her as it may reveal what i'm truly feeling about this arranged marriage thing. i still want to go to school.

"do you remembered what happened? why did you suddenly become unconscious?"

"i just felt something tingling in my ankle and it was excruciating, although i've tried to endure it. then when I woke up I saw a mark in my ankle" i said calmly while showing my mother the mark.

the sun. the sun was stamped on my ankle, unknowingly. 

my mother then let out a screech as she hugged me very tightly. "sweetie, you've found your soulmate!" she once again analyzed the mark, letting go of the hug. "how long have you been feeling this tingling feeling?"

"since yesterday, why are you asking?" i asked and my mother was just too busy to even ignore me, why was she even delighted, did she forget about our deal for when i meet my soulmate, i'll have to call the deal off? why was she celebrating?

"so it must mean that.."

"what is it, your Majesty?" i asked her with furrowed eyebrows.

"..that soobin is your soulmate! i'm so happy for you!" she then hugged me, so i hugged her back and threw on a fake smile.

i forgot about that possibility, somehow.

what's weird is that i didn't find it joyful when i've received the words that soobin might be my soulmate. it just doesn't feel right, it feels as if we're comfortable with each others as friends. something felt wrong, it was as if destiny was calling me to another path.

timeskip.

"princess!"

"come in!" umji came in with a school uniform and i was a bit taken aback by this and of course, shocked.

"quick, get ready for school or else we'll be late." umji said and i quickly prepared for school.

"oh yeah, umji. how do you know so much about school?"