♔1.12

KIM JI-EUN's POV

KIM JI-EUN's POV

"what kind of question is that umji?"

"that's how you act when you like someone, your highness. you just feel like your happier and you just smile whenever you have a thought of that certain, special someone." 

"how do you even know that umji, you've never lik-.. do you like someone? right now?"

"princess, i think it's time for you to go to sleep." she said and i laughed, immediately taking her hand and pulling her to me.

"hey! i won't accept that!" i said as i shook her, it's normal and she's used to it since i get excited very easily. "so.. who do you like?"

"jaemin has been quite charming and captivating." she mumbled but to her dismay, i heard it loudly and clearly.

i smirked at her before speaking, "now, i see your point. your smile.. it's different from what i see everyday. you fancy him a lot, do you?" 

"we have classes tomorrow, we have to go to sleep." once again, she tried to ignore the question and was about to ran off but i was quick to halt her.

"oh come on, umji, just tell me. when did you start liking him?"

"eversince that day when we went out to get ice cream, i think?" she said, which made me think, and i remembered that it was the time when i lost my purse.

"that's our first day of school, umji. you've fancied him since our first day, that's so adorable! oh wait, does he know?" i asked, wanting to know everything but still setting boundaries as some information may be their secret.

"remember when you were all bloody and you said that your shoulder was in a lot of pain?" i nodded and held umji's hand.

"i was on a date with jaemin that night, i snuck out, i'm sorry i didn't tell you." she said and i screeched, they went on a date! my two close friends went on a date! words can't express how happy i am right now.

"no, don't be! it's okay, you wanted privacy with jaem." i said and thought about my own soulmate and our first encounter. "by the way, i'm still curious. why was haechan doing to be so bloody on that night when we first met."

"yeah and the fact that you met him with him having very bloody hands. something feels wrong."

"wait, ji, what happens if jaem wasn't your soulmate to begin with? you still haven't turned 18, you don't have your mark, still." i remembered, she was 17 and she doesn't have her mark yet which made me anxious.

"then i'll play destiny's game."

===

"now, remember, don't be nervous and be yourself." 

"i got it. thank you so much, umji."

"i'm glad i can help, your highness."

today was the day and i was feeling very anxious, what if i say the wrong things? what if i accidentally tripped and destroyed our date? there are endless possibilities.