doing wrong and still justifying

Sarah and Kane leisurely strode to their office on the east wing of the third floor. Dane tagged along, his eyes glancing at the staff and patients passing by him.

Two figures caught his eyes. Before he could even call out to her, she had already seen him and was making her way towards him. "Doctor!"

Dane chuckled, ruffling the little girl's hair into a mess. "Eva, why did you bring your little brother outside to play? He's supposed to be recuperating in bed."

Evangeline was a 6 year old with shoulder length black hair tied into two braids. In one hand, she was holding her little brother's hand. She fixed her bright green eyes on the handsome big brother doctor before shaking her head. "Ethan wanted to play. He feels sad spending all day inside the room."

Dane sighed, grabbed the little boy and hoisted him up with him sitting on his arm. He reprimanded lightly. "This little brat! Don't make things difficult for you sister, okay?"

"No! Don't want. I want play with big sister." Ethan pouted cutely. His eyes were shining with unshed tears.

Eva smiled modestly. Dane often wondered how such a young girl could be so precocious. Whenever he saw the two siblings interacted, the girl would always show a mature expression. Always understanding, never impatient, calm and level-headed.

Eva stretched her arms out. Ethan instantly tried to struggle free from Dane's hold, wanting to go to his sister. Dane handed the two and a half year old boy to Eva to which she carefully received him. She balanced him in her arms until he found a good spot to hang onto her.

"Sorry, doctor. Ethan's just a bit spoiled." She smiled weakly at him before looking at the boy in her arms with deep affection. "I'll take him back to his room now."

She nodded at him before leaving towards the fourth floor where the patient rooms are at.

Sarah and Kane were observing at the side silently. Sarah mused loudly. "If we had children as good looking as them... and that little girl, so mature for her age. If we had a daughter like her, we would be well taken care of when we're old."

Sarah gave a sigh full of sympathy. "A pity her younger brother had to be born with a hypoplastic left heart. Although, everything's becoming better for them now that his last surgery is done."

"With regular check-ups, I'm sure he'll grow up into a healthy boy in the future." Kane said reassuringly. For a minute, he was silent until he spoke up again. "Love, do you want to have children?"

Sarah leaned her head on his chest and hugged his waist for a brief moment. "A little..."

Kane rubbed her head. "Well then. Husband will work harder starting tonight!"

Can you please stop showing PDA in front of me??? Dane silently cried but had no tears.

After some stops and PDA along the way, they finally reached their offices. Their offices were just beside each other's with Kane and Sarah sharing one office. Kane and Dane were both licensed doctors and certified surgeon. Sarah, however, had no knowledge whatsoever in medicine until two years ago where she begged Kane to teach her the ways of a doctor.

She was supposed to be starting her third year of undergrad school studying biology. But, because of private tutoring from Kane and the others, she got some subjects credited so she graduated early five months ago. After graduation, she decided to take a one year break before going to medical school.

Their offices were already open. Kori was standing outside, waiting for them. What was unexpected was the presence of the receptionist.

Maine voluntarily stepped forward. She simpered, looking at Kane shyly. "Uhmm... doctor, Lilac filed a leave of absence. She'll only be back by tomorrow morning."