amidst love and confusion

Sarah's POV

I groaned and thought hazily. What did I just dream of?

Still sleepy, I stopped caring for the dream as I turned my whole body so that my face was buried in the square couch pillow.

-

"Looking good there, A." Hope commented as she saw me doing rounds at the track. This was around six months after Hope rescued me from the den of the vampire rogues.

We were at the compound the hunters used as a base.

"Whadya want Hope?" I breathed, coming closer to her. She threw a clean towel which I was very grateful for. I caught the towel before it landed just inches above the ground.

"Show off." She scoffed playfully to which I smirked in response.

I wiped the sweat of my face and slung it over my shoulder after most of the sweat was gone. We were walking back to the main camp when Hope handed me a water bottle. I nodded, thankful.

"Pierce wants to see you." She said as I greedily gulped down the water. The cool liquid travelled down my parched throat.

"What does your oh-so hot brother want from lil ol' me?" I threw the empty bottle to a trash can behind the main building.

"Ew. You're gross, A." Hope's face morphed in mock disgust.

"What? Your brother is hot with capitals H-O-T. Have you seen his bad boy face? Chiselled to perfection." I whistled. Hope made gagging noises. "And those six pack? Yummy. I can't believe you don't find him hot."

Hope rolled her eyes. "He's my brother, A. Now stop being a whore. He wants to talk to you about your old pack and the vampire rogues."

I tensed when she mentioned my old pack. They weren't much of a pack anyway. I unconsciously clench my fists into tight balls.

"Yeah?" I said-asked absentmindedly.

"Yeah. Oh, hey there he is. Pierce. Hey Pierce. Over here." She suddenly started running to where he is while waving her hand high in the air. She bumped a few people along the way and she ended up apologizing to a lot of people.

"Yup, he certainly is there. The one and only walking sex god." I thought to myself out loud.

When Pierce's face suddenly turned to faced me, I jerked back slightly.

Did he hear what I said?

He held a cocky smirk which I so badly want to smack the fuck off. He had black hair tousled by the wind giving him that really sexy look. His dark eyes trained on me, causing my stomach to clench and heat pooled between my legs.

"Would you two stop eye-raping each other? Gosh, if you like each other that much, why don't you two just date already?" Hope grunted as I flushed a deep red- the color matching my hair.

I titled my head to the side, looking at anywhere but them.

Pierce chuckled as he eyed me. "Why not?"

My eyes went back to him in an instant and I once again took in his rugged handsome features. He had stubble on his chin which gave me the urge shave off. He had long eyelashes for a guy.

Like, why don't I have eyelashes that long? Guys don't need them but why are they blessed with it?

Don't get me started on their hands and fingers. Why were they made so beautifully?