as storm is brewing

Kane's POV

I peered over the embassy that was looming hauntingly over an unused land full of trees.

My foot stilled as I stood watching the embassy. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even know how much time passed until a wave of hunger washed over me. Instinctively, my fangs bared and my eyes turned into slits.

A little shock ran through me when I noticed that it had already been some time after dawn broke. I didn't realize until just now that I'd been standing there from 3am to 7am.

Just then, a smell wafted over. Heavenly. I smirked knowing there's only one person who exudes a smell like this. I hastened my steps, taking the path that led to the garden behind the embassy, until reaching the very source.

I leaned on a tree, gobsmacked at how beautiful my beloved wife is. A smile involuntarily graced my lips as my everything in my being vibrates with contentment and satisfaction at having her by my side, seeing her like this everyday and being able to spend my days with her.

Sarah sat under the oak tree, a book in hand with a concentrated face on as her eyes trained on the pages of the book. My smile widened as I saw her two companions - Ice and Storm.

I whistled, sharp and long. Storm's ears pricked up before bounding towards me. His large black frame ran past the dainty flowers and towards me. He sprinted fast and I was too lazy to dodge his tackle.

"Oomph!" He tackled me head on and I stumbled backwards, landing on my ass. "What the- why have you become so heavy?"

Storm pawed his snout and whined. I chuckled and patted his black furry head. I smiled as the thought of Storm's younger self appeared in my mind. Storm is one the rare dire wolves that still exist, most of his kind died off because of hunters hunting them for their pelts that are worth millions of dollars.

He had a whole body of black fur with the exception of the edge of his left ear which has a bit of white. From the skinny pup that Sarah brought back, Storm grew really massive. He was probably around 5 feet tall when on all fours and twice that height when standing on his hind legs.

I shook my head and laughed. "Storm! You were this small before." I said as I imagined the little cub back then, as small as a puppy. Now, he's the size of a full grown horse.

Storm snorted as if implying that the mere thought of him being the size of a puppy was ludicrous. I ruffled his furry head and laughed. Storm rolled his eyes before slowly strutting back to Sarah, his tail swishing happily from side to side.

"You're back." She said softly, although it sounded more of a question.

I scratched the back of my neck, looking at her sheepishly. "Yeah." I moved towards her to the center of the garden. Storm copied my pace as he also moved towards his owner.

She looked up from the book and stared at me, one eyebrow raised. On her lap was the baby snow tiger, Ice.

Oops... I think I'm in trouble...

I smiled cheekily as I neared her. "Yes? Is there something wrong?"

She hummed softly. "Nothing... What were you doing?"

And she went for the kill... I laughed, expecting her to ask that question. "I was out gathering information."

"Information on what?"

"On the invader. The one that destroyed the Frost Moon Pack. The one that's somehow linked to you." I openly said everything. If I were to hide even one bit of information, she'd still find out in the end. Rather than doing that and incurring her wrath, I'd rather be honest. After all, happy wife, happy life. Right?