selfish and selfless reasons

Devon looked at her with relief? Or was it hope?

"I-" She started to say but a screech stopped her.

Sam looked furious, pink stains splashed all over her cheeks. Sarah could also see the humiliation that burned in her eyes. She growled, her eyes turning darker as her wolf was surfacing.

Hair suddenly started sprouting all over her body until her clothes ripped into pieces and she fully transformed into a small brown wolf.

She snarled, her jaws snapping. Saliva dripped out of her snout.

"Sam?" Devon asked, his voice full of worry and confusion. "What are you doing?!?"

In response, she crouched low and lunged at me. I could hear Devon scream as she pounced towards me. The next thing Sarah knew, Khalua stepped in front of Kane and her, baring her fangs and snarling. She met Samantha head on and they tumbled on the ground.

Sarah looked to Atlas and Des, gestured them towards the Elders. Kill the other three and spare the two who didn't know shit.

They both nodded, quickly attacking the other two Elders. Trent and Deena were both useless as one was completely unable to move and the other became turned crazy from her injuries.

Kane motioned for her to sit beside him and she did. She leisurely walked towards him and sat on his lap. "Love, you've made a mess."

"Am I not cleaning them up?" Her head titling towards Atlas and Des.

Kane laughed helplessly, gazing at his Beloved. Even knowing that she only made others clean up after her, he played the fool and nodded his head, always agreeing to what she said. My Beloved was wrong? Impossible! It was either she was right or she was right.

That was how much he pampered her.

Contrasting to the pink atmosphere between them, Khalua was engaged in a fierce battle between her Queen's step-sister.

Khalua did not think much of this step-sister. As a woman, she may have been better than Queen when manipulating people especially men but Khalua was sure that she would never be able to contend with Queen in a fight.

She was right. When Samantha pounced at her, Khalua unhurriedly moved to the side, watching with disdain at how slow her opponent's attacks were. After side-stepping her attack, Khalua extended her leg and harshly kicked Samantha's back.

Samantha whined in pain as she turned her body to Khalua. She lunged at Khalua again but Khalua only sighed in disappointment. Was it not to overkill for her to fight this kind of opponent? It was like she was bullying a weak child.

As Sam leaped mid-air, Khalua ducked, her hand extending upwards to grasp Sam's jugular. Although Khalua was not tall roughly an inch taller than Sarah, when she held and raised the wolf up by the throat, Sam's hind legs still could not reach the ground.

For a wolf, Sam was really too small and too weak.

Samantha struggled, feeling her throat clog and her breathing difficult. In response to her struggles, Khalua only tightened her grip, her focus no longer on her opponent. She watched Atlas and Des' fight with the other Elders and she felt a pang of envy seeing them match with a stronger opponent.

When Devon saw Sam's struggle lessening, a surge of panic welled up. "Please let go of her! Ana, she's your sister. Please, don't ki-kill her!"

Devon's eyes were trained on the two figures who acted like they saw nothing of the chaos that was happening in the room.