the two uninvited guests

The door burst open and Sarah was immediately placed on Kane's lap, his arms wrapped around her like a cocoon. Her lips curved in a half smile, amused at the turn of events.

Actually she was half-amused, and half ready to kill the bitch who dared try to seduce her Beloved in front of her fucking face. She gave one last venomous glare at the Elder Deena before turning her head to see who would come barrelling in at such a perfect time.

Atlas quickly took action when he felt disturbance on the other side of the door. He leapt away from the door before charging at the intruder. Grabbing the intruder by the arm, he easily twisted it before lashing out his leg on the back of the intruder's knees.

The person who burst into the room was instantly flat on the ground. Every action that Jay executed was flawless and efficient.

"Who are you?" Standing behind Kane and her, Khalua asked in a cold voice.

The person was groaning as his face was still kissing the ground. "G-get... off!"

"Release him, Atlas. Both of you close the door and return to your positions." Sarah told them calmly.

There really was no need for them to be this fierce. She thought. It wasn't like he could harm them.

Atlas quickly got up, releasing the arm he'd been pressuring. Khalua nodded slightly before signalling a look to Desmonda to close the door.

"Wait!" A feminine voice shouted before the door could close on her. She huffed as she ran as fast as she could before Des could close the door at her face. Her hair was slightly dishevelled and she was slightly sweating.

She fell beside the man and gently helped him up.

Sarah smirked seeing his bloody nose. Atlas must've toppled him so hard for his nose to be broken. A rush of satisfaction swept through her as he kept on groaning, touching his oddly-bent nose.

Kane's grip on her relaxed but that didn't mean he let her go. Both his arms were still snaked around her waist but by now he buried his face on the crook of my neck and started inhaling her scent.

"Welcome. The two of you are finally here. I was expecting both of you to join us." I started saying, sarcasm dripping on her every word. The fire raging in her was suddenly replaced by a cold frost. "Devon... and Samantha."

She hummed lightly, unconsciously tapping the table with her pointer finger.

Deena who had her momentum cut short, looked dismayed before elegantly sauntering back to her seat with her chin raised in arrogance. She felt pissed but she did not have an outlet for her anger so she could only glare at the two fools who interrupted her.

She was so close, so close to enticing the vampire king. Unconsciously, she shivered, liking the danger that surrounded him. She remembered his dark brooding eyes on her when she talked to him. She felt her body heat up and her core moistened.

A man like him was a good catch. He was worthy of her. Deena thought as she eyed him. He was wasted on that slut who should've died years ago. What a cockroach!

Feeling frustrated, she unwillingly rejoined the other Elders as she sat with them.

Sarah steadied her breathing before pausing. She clicked her tongue silently, cursing herself for the human habit of breathing. Vampires didn't need to breathe but she seemed to retain the habit of breathing deeply whenever she tries to calm herself.

Seeing them stand there, she noted how much change time did to them. Devon, in her eyes, used to be the most handsome man she'd ever seen. She remembered he had a bad boy vibe during her younger years. He also used to constantly smirk, his one action that girls seemed to like.