Killing Bad Blood

Ricky 

"What do we need to talk about?" I asked Rae, praying that it had nothing to do with Anthony.  

      She played with her fingers as she thought out her words. I could tell that this wasn't going to be a good conversation.  

"Just tell me, Rae." I told her gently.  

"I called Anthony." She revealed to me. On the inside my blood began to boil but on the outside I remained cool.  

"Well what did ya'll talk about?" I asked her calmly.  

"I'm going to dance. He's just waiting for me to give him the final okay." She replied.  

"So you really finna run off with this dude, huh?" I asked her in disbelief.  

"See I knew you was gonna do this." She said, standing up.  

"What am I doing?" I asked her because I was  definitely confused.  

"What you're doing is making it about Anthony! Me dancing has nothing to do with Anthony. I'm dancing in pursuit of my dreams. I've been offered the opportunity of a lifetime and I haven't taken the offer because of you!" She yelled. 

"So you blaming this on me now?" I asked her.  

"I'm not blaming, I'm stating facts. Your insecurities go into overdrive when Anthony comes around and I don't understand why. You're my man, you're the man that I love and you're the man that I want to marry...or least thought I did." She admitted. Hearing that really broke my heart.  

"So you don't want to marry me now?" I asked her.  

"You're turning out to be somebody that I don't know, Ricky. You're not allowing me to pursue my dreams. You're being selfish." She told me.  

"I'm just trying to protect our relationship." I shot back.  

"No you're trying to stop me from doing what I want to do!" she said. 

"In a relationship you give up the "I's" and "me's" for "us's" and "we's"!" I told her, pointedly.  

"No, that's in a marriage and the last time I checked we were not. So with that being said, you make this decision. Either support me or we can take a break. But I'll go on record saying that I was always right by your side. When you was working overtime trying to get your businesses off the ground, I was right here. When the designers got the order wrong for your active wear line and you needed to vent, I was right here. At your launch party when you wanted to escape the crowds, I was right there, within an arms reach because whether you're in a relationship or not, you support your partner! You stand by their side and you trust them. I trust you and you're around a bunch of women in leotards, sports bras and tights all day!" she said.  

She was right. She is always there for me. I thought for a second before pulling out my phone and dialing a number that she gave me to call in case of an emergency.  

"Aye, what's up Anthony. This is Ricky, Reagan's fiancée." I greeted him.  

"What's up, yo?" he asked.  

"This is hard for me but because I love my girl, I'm going to do it. I want to kill the bad blood between us. You offered Rae the opportunity of a lifetime and I don't want to stop her from pursuing it. So she's coming to New York." I ran down to him. I looked over at Rae who was smiling her butt off.  

"I'll kill the bad blood too. Trust your girl, man." he stated, simply.  

"I will but believe me when I say this, if you try to get at my girl, I'm coming for you. That's a promise." I said before ending the call.  

***********

Dang, Rae set him straight! Tell me what you think, are things gonna be ok? Predictions?!!!!