Peace of Mind

Reagan

     As soon as the plane landed in New York, I wanted to hop on the next flight back to LA. I just wasn't feeling this anymore. I missed my man and I missed my family. I've never really been without them. But seeing as how Anthony was counting on me to be there, I had no choice but to ride it out.

     Once I claimed my luggage, I looked around to see if I could spot Anthony. I started to get nervous when I didn't see him right away. I pulled out my phone to call him. Luckily he answered on the first ring.

"Hey, Anthony where are you?" I asked him.

"I'm right behind you, ma. Turn around." He said.

     I turned around and saw that he was standing right behind. How did I miss him? I mustered up the best smile I could.

"Whoa. I mean you could at least try to fake some excitement." He said with a chuckle before pulling me in for a hug. I giggled a little but remained silent.

     I silently followed him out of the sirport and to his waiting car. As I settled in my seat and he began to drive, the one looming question popped up in my head.

"Anthony where am I going to be staying for these three weeks?" I asked him.

"You're staying at my place." He replied simply. I immediately furrowed my eyebrows.

"Wait, there's no dorms or a hotel that I could stay in?" I asked, trying to find an alternative place to stay.

"No and yes.The dorms at the Ailey are filled for the summer. And there are hotels available but to book it for three weeks would be extremely expensive." He explained. "I mean I didn't know this would present a problem....is it going to be a problem?" He asked.

"Well...um... how would you feel if your fiancee left you for three weeks and was staying at another man's house?" I asked him.

"If I trust my fiancee and I know she's a rider, then it would be no doubt in my mind that she would be faithful. But even still, weakness is inevitable so...." he trailed off.

     My mind immediately went to Ricky. I know he's going to flip when he finds out about this.

****************

     After a long drive, we finally arrived at Anthony's brownstone in the Chelsea area of New York. He informed me that it was not that far away from the Ailey.

     The home was amazing. I fell in love with the hardwood floors and all the windows. I knew I would most definitely feel comfortable here but that doesnt change the fact that I miss my Schmoopie.

"Make yourself at home, Reagan. Just a little run down of the house. The kitchen , living room and washroom are on this first level. Your bedroom, the other the bedroom and the only bathroom in this house is on the second level. My bed room, which has a balcony and roof access is on the third level. There is a little terrace and garden out back. You have free reign in the house. What's mines is yours for the next three weeks." He said with a smile.